It's been six days since the previous post, what I've been doing each day is starting to blur together and I can't remember specifically what I've been doing anymore. So random coherence shall commence.
...or I could run upstairs and grab my journal, but that's 6 flights. And then my roommate would know that the computer lab is open, and I'd rather have some privacy while I'm typing this stuff. No offense.
...
oh wow, I actually can't remember what I did on tuesday.
...
In other news...
Our OCAC program's Latin America dance thing culminated in an explosive performance last night at the OCAC gala thing event thingy (I don't remember it's actual name). Explosive mainly because there was smoke, fire, and the previoius group before us took so long that ours was a refreshing change from it all.
The very first group of performers that went up did an incredible job with their North American dance incorporating some native dance then a cowboy dance to Jay Chou's song. This other program's group took forever and their performance wasn't that good either =/: some sort of weird voice modifying electronic thing, then some solo singing. Bah.
There were also professionals there showing some traditional Taiwanese culture cheer dances that was juxtaposed to some Taiwan university's cheerleading squad. Some band called that Hotshots (3 hot singers, or at least hot from afar xD). These asian ladies that played ancient Chinese instruments (more on this later). I was so hyped when the MC guy was doing an introduction for some famous singer from Taiwan and what not. Everyone was all like 'Jay Chou! Jay Chou! Jay Chou!". It was not Jay chou. Immediate disappointment. The sadness was overwhelming. Also, a breakdancing group called Formosa, omg, they are so freaking amazing. Also, I like their shirts xD.
So we went right after the Chinese instrument people. They were actually pretty awesome... for the first 3 songs. Then they just kept going on and on and it just wouldn't stop at ALL. We kept getting up when there was applause... just to sit down in abject disappointment. In the end, it worked to our advantage because people were craving something new, and that was us. I hope someone posts the video since Ryan's camera died out after the first dance. So much cheering =D.
All those late night practices finally worked out =). Very disheartening when people signed up and didn't show up, or came late =/.
What food have I been consuming lately?
- Delicious milk tea bbt as always
- Had this passion fruti red tea, it was so refreshing it was amazing
- Cup noodles are cheap, the cup is big, but the noodle inside is not. How tricky
- Crispy fried mushrooms are so good. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside
- Had more Mr. Donut the other day. The chocolate flou thingy or whatever, it explodes with chocolate syrup and whip cream when i bit into it. I'm salivating just thinking about how great it was.
- Had one of those massive ice cream cone things. Mostly ice, lacking flavor.
- Had this amazingly delicious ice cream / fruit combination thing at the Japanese restaurant... for dinner. Strawberry ice cream + cantaloupe + mango + strawberry + kiwi + ice + syrup = unlimited satisfaction (until it's gone, then you order more).
Oh right! Field trip on Wednesday.
Went to Danshui where there's this castle thingy. I wasn't listening to the lady when she was telling us about the place because she was speaking too fast in a language that i'm not proficient in. It must be demoralizing to work in a position where you know you're talking to a group of people that aren't paying attention. =/.
The castle itself was pretty cool though. But by cool, i mean the AC was pretty awesome. ACgasm was the term James used when we stood in front of the thing for several minutes.
We walked along the dock area and took a few random pictures with the harbor and what not. Lost Ryan somewhere o_o. Then headed to Ximen night market again, with Lorenzo / Justin ditching me and James, which is alright since those two don't really shop anyways.
Swatch shop. Omg, I think I seriously have some fetish with watches. There were so many nice watches, so expensive though. Some shop with expensive jeans. This other shop had this mini side pouch thing that you can clip onto your pants / bag or use a strap and such. It was really awesome looking, but kind of pricey at 1000 NT. Maybe i'll pick it up if I have extra cash left at the end. It's mostly an urge rather than an actual need.
Bought a belt for myself, because my green one is actually super small (I never noticed till after tried it on again after using the blue / white one I got in Hk) and because my blue / white one doesn't match everything. That's right, I need to match my belts too. >_>. Looked at some shoes too, pretty sweet, but... quite expensive. Also bought a white polo =D. It's plain white with this criss cross design where the buttons are in beige and black and brown. Modest. I didn't notice till I tried it on, but it matches the belt. Lol.
Thursday was... culture classes!
Accidentally cracked a bit of my seal T_T. Yo yo went surprisingly well. I can't get it to spin at such a speed that it generates that eerie humming sound, but I can at least do a few tricks now.
Friday was... more ximen night market.
But before that.. we watched a movie in class about Shopaholics or whatever. Zero plot sense, but at least it was rather comical and to some extent... funny. Our teacher told us not to sleep in class since we had to answer questions or someting at the end. Irony: when your teach falls asleep during the movie. Hilarity: when you surround her and take a photo. I should've gotten one of the people not in the photo to take it so I could've been in it =_=".
Speaking of my class, we've finally decided on a song for the singing competition. We're trying to choreograph a dance, but it's difficult because people don't pay attention. Show up late. Show up drunk. And are too prideful to want to do some of the stuff. It's utterly frustrating =/, I hope everything'll go well this wednesday.
Anyways, Ximen. Didn't buy anything this time, but I was quite tempted to. We were watching this magician guy do card tricks, when the guy in front of us turned around and asked us where we were from, in english. Apparently this man was from Toronto! Pierre was his name. He did magic tricks for us using cards.... right in front of the vendor guy. His tricks were so much better because he wasn't using a trick deck, just pure skill with palming, tenkai palming, and misdirection. I need to learn more now xD.
Went inside this sports shop, omg they had this Adidas jacket there.... that matched my belt and polo. It was like a sign of some sort. The temptation was intense. But my wallet held me back. At least for now. But i want it sooo badly. It was all olive green and tan and brown and me all over. It was.... auuuugh. Also saw this white / orange Adidas at this other store. Also tantalizing.
Saturday was the culture festival thing.
In other other news...
Have I mentioned how I've never ever washed my own clothes before? Mom. You're so awesome.
Finished another DS game (or did I mention this?). Megaman Star Force 3: Black Ace. It was pretty fun and a bit more challenging than the previous games. Not too much has changed since the previous games, but as a fan, I like them anyways. Started on Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I don't know if i'll beat this one since it's quite difficult and i'm not really into tactics games.
Inititally, Ryan's mom exchanged about 5600 NT for us to use for the entire 6 week trip. I've used about 4000 NT already. Fail.
Finally bought a phone card and figured out how to use it. Called home. Everyone's alright! Yay!
Facebook hates me because it won't let me upload photos. I'll try again later today. Maybe.
Eason's H3M album has some music videos now! I should look at them sometime.
What's the point of a travel blog if it's not updated? Not directed at Jho. Keep up the translating xD.
Mixed feelings conflicting with random late night sleeping.
I should sleep more. Apparently the cycle of sleeping late, waking early, vowing to sleep earlier tonight, then sleeping late exists in all places.
...I feel like I'm forgetting something. Throughout each day, stuff goes on, and it's all "Oh, I should write about this" and I would think about how i'd word it, where i would italicize and such. That is, until i actually blog and forget everything. Such is life.
Such. Is life.
7/18/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 solutions:
mm yeah totally agree on the last bit on blogging. oh and late night sleeping.
shopping around and going back for the clothes that made a burn on your memory is a good idea.. rather than splurging on the spot and regretting it later like i usually do >_<
Post a Comment