Assigned Problems

8/26/09

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves

8/26/09
That's the name of this book I'm reading period On punctuation in fact exclamation mark I find it rather surreal that I'm enjoying a book talking about these random dots and lines comma but this book is actually really darn interesting period Before reading this book comma I've never really given much thought or concern to our humble friends period What would our written language be like without their help in guiding us through our written text semi colon setting out when to stop and where to begin question mark Well comma it'd be sort of like this right question mark

Marvelous.

It actually is quite a wonderful read (although I'm not done with the book yet). I do recommend it to anyone that is hoping to experience something both enjoyable and educational. We don't get much of those these days. I'm also surprised that I don't use ':', ';'. and '-' that much; the only tools I use currently are '?', '!', and 'italics'. Think of all the wonderful things I could do if I doubled my weapons!

Whether it's on msn or through whatever writing I have here, I strive to (or at least I hope I'm striving to) give whatever I'm writing a 'voice'; a way to 'hear' me speak; the proper emotions to bear when taking in this visual disturbance to mental understandation. Perhaps with these new tools, I can do that better. Perhaps.

One of my favorite lines from this book: "[...] found catharsis in an exclamation mark".


In other news...


I've been unconsciously getting myself hurt as of late due to: bikes, squash and poles.

Bikes: So while biking through the ravine on my way home from a friend's house the other day, I almost wiped out and broke something. It was basically a combination of me speeding down an unfamiliar hill, hands on the handlebars with the brakes (the bike has two sets you see), an unseen trench made out of rocks, and morning dew. Being unable to slow down then hurdling over and surviving some trench then struggling to brake before psuedo-hydroplaning does lend itself to almost hurting oneself...no?

Squash: Was trying to connect a shot but I missed. So I chased the ball as it bounced off the wall and the glass, but I end up slipping and scraping my knee along the ground. I did connect the second shot though. The ball, however, decided to not make it to the wall. Not by a long shot. Darn thing. Anyways, some skin and muscle cells gone, but all is fine (albeit rather gooey). Didn't help that I agitated it by continuing to play.

Poles: Did you know hitting it with your arms causes bruising? It does.


Apparently doing another shoot tomorrow. How exciting =D.


Summer is already rushing out of our lives as semblances of Fall is taking a foothold here. Other than the brutal sadness caused by a lot of potential (energy) dissipated, I'm also distraught over various broken promises of sorts. It is rather difficult to keep in touch with all the people that you've met over the course of your life career up to now; it's a real downer when you keep talking about how you'll meet up with each other only to have it never come true.

Of course, whether such meetings of friendship blossom or rot is based solely on the individuals involved. It could sometimes be neithers' fault as they have conflicting schedules that can't be changed: classes, work, vacations, parents, other friends. It's quite a mess. Hopefully it'll be handled in a more acceptable manner come next summer.


Ever spend a lot of time thinking about something that you want to say or present, only for it all to abandon you when the moment of action comes? I've spent all that time creating and pondering you, the least you could do is to stay in my mind long enough to be expressed. Also, sometimes, you know there's something to say but you can't extract a comprehensible line out of the mess.


Bad luck. When you buy collectable Disney Mickey Mouse Vinyl figurines for your friends... only to have 3 of them being the exact same one; being the absolute gayest one that you could possibly get. I would find it humorous if the 'Question Mark + Black' figure at the end of the list was actually just a black Mickey Mouse with a question mark on it and being not a mystery.


...would it not be embarrassing if I had some grammar mistakes in here? It would be rather embarrassing indeed..

1 solutions:

andy said...

oh noes...
poor child, being hurt all the time > <"