A typhoon has landed in Taiwan! So all of our friday classes get cancelled and our drama competition is pushed till next tuesday (would've been better if it was completely cancelled because no one really wants to do it). Conversely, we are not allowed to leave campus either, in case we get blown away or hit by flying trees. My biggest problem with not being able to leave is that I won't be able to pick up my glasses. Sadness.
In other news..
Forgot to mention how at the old mining town we got to send up these balloons into the sky. It was really cool because each class got their own balloon thing to write whatever they want on (wishes and what not I 'spose). Then we lit up the base and sent them flying! It would've been a grander sight if we sent them all (all 10 of 'em) in one go, but it was still pretty cool to see some exothermic reactions at work.
Also, the other day we went to Shi Ling (I think i'm spelling that wrong) station to visit their night market, some incredibly awful occurred. It saddens me that it happened. We were split off on the MRT when we headed there because apparently one group was waiting for someone and we didn't know. After arriving there, we waited till they arrived before we up and left. When we left.... we forgot to make sure everyone was with us. As in.... Ryan was still asleep on the ledge. It was only 3 minutes later that I realized he was gone, and when we headed back across the street he was already gone. Luckily he's still alive and well and unkidnapped, but darn it you had me worried >_>.
Somehow, without noticing, I had bought a pair of size 9s for my Converse, not 8s. I'm not sure how I didn't notice when I was trying them on. But they fit, so whatevs xD.
I think I've finally finished buying things for people. I'll need to double check the list, but I'm quite sure I'm done... with the exception of mom / dad (I'm planning to get them one of those pair T's or "情女T" and this other tshirt for another friend.
I'm still sick, but mostly it's just a cough now more than anything else.
You're sick, as is your brother. Please get well soon =D.
To the photographer. August is here, and soon it'll be over before you know it. Things keep piling up, and there's no end in sight! But if you preservere (which I'm entirely sure you will), you'll like back with a sense of satisfaction and hopefully not do it again (which I'm sure you will >_>). In any case, please be careful =D. Also, about being materialistic, I think everyone is entitled to a bit of it once in awhile. I mean, unless i'm mistaken, you haven't been for the past 18 years of your life, live a little! Let some of these things help you relax rather than add to your stress. Of course, hopefully you won't let it grow into a shopaholics sort of thing where you resort to buying to relieve you of your problems.
Apparently the emergency number here is 119. Weird sauce.
I had an incredibly awkward / fml moment the other day. Basically, a friend from my class that's leaving the program early. Anyways, I bumped into her on the way back to the university, and after a bit of talking, we were within hugging distance. So she moves in for a hug, and I did my regular good bye move which is to raise my hand in a salute of some sort. She thought I wanted to high five... but then I started waving my hand. =_=". I didn't really understand the awkwardness or epic fail of that moment until after the ordeal. But man, I failed hard there. Sigh.
Sigh, more people down here, also sitting around me, I'm feeling self concious about what I type now. Blah.
I'm going to mention The Pillows again. Their music is just so upbeat and awesome. Apparently they've just released a 20 anniversary album and there's a newer version of Funny Bunny up. I really liked that song. It's bouncy and very happy. If only I understood what they're saying.
Did I ever mention how a lot of people here play SC and DoTA? It's actually kind of scary. Well, not really since they are asian and male. Only difference between them and the one's back home is these guys go drinking.
Something else I've forgot to mention for a long time. Escalator etiquette! It's quite simple really. If you're going to stand, you stand on the right, if you're in a rush, you walk up the left. Everyone gets what they want! It was in HK and I've found it here as well. It's a very simple habit, and it actually speeds along eerything for everyone. If only it'd be employed in Calgary. Of course... some people are too well... big for that.
Too much extra time to think. Again. More wandering mind. Again. Blah. Although it does seem that I'm slowly getting more accustomed to this idea. There might be awkwardness. It might hurt. But it is necessary, is it not? I've been spending time wondering how I'm supposed to approach you after I get back to Calgary. Maybe it'll work itself out. Maybe it won't be that awkward. Maybe you'll refuse to see me. I don't know. I don't believe I'm dealing with this correctly. But who is to say what is correct and incorrect? If i'm having difficulties dealing with this now, it'll only get worse when I'm actually confronted with it. But's not something I can avoid. Mainly because I'd need to give you stuff that I bought for you... and also because I'll be seeing you on campus at some point or another.
Called my mom this morning. I can't recall how long we talked for, but I did use half my call card. She sounds healthy and she's also doing very well. As is the rest of my family. Got some more news about what's happening with kf and such. Apparently another two people quit. =_=". It's only going to go downhill with that whatever performance thing coming up in September. I dislike performances because it wastes a lot of time focusing on untraditional stuff, and there's a lot of stress and frustration everywhere. And I'll be dropped right into the middle of it very soon. Blah.
Oh. I'm still not in NANS yet. I think something is wrong with the registrar.
8/6/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 solutions:
Lol! You left Ryan asleep on a ledge? XD
Yay, we're both recovering. Ricola actually works. But then again, so does 木瓜湯 and 豬肉粥... an auntie made the first one for us and I made the second for my brother so he could eat something more healthy than 西式食品... ^^
uwaah the 情女Ts sound cute for your mum and dad. =)
based on my memory escalator etiquette does exist in canada.. the people who take the left side are just faster in asia.
Post a Comment