Assigned Problems

2/20/10

One Year Later...

2/20/10
and here we are. Amazing. Sorta.

It's hard to believe that it's already been a year since Random Tangents came into existence. I'll forgo the whole "time flies when you're ____" bit.

Random Tangents started off as a place for whining and ranting. It still is. But there have been changes made, particularly in the style that I've written, the way I've referred to things, as well as staples of sorts that typically occur in each post.

A trend that can be seen in the posts is a general shift from ambiguity into a slightly clearer image of whatever I'm referring to. More specific names are being used rather than 'that guy' or 'this place'. Also being slightly more open with whatever is going on at least. It's like the author is becoming more real with each passing post. Which is entirely possible since each post reveals more of who I am and my way of thought.

More trends that can be observed is a shift into using titles for the posts rather than leaving it blank. The development the format where a specific topic is discussed before a segue into randomness via the phrase "In other news...". Oh, and you know... hidden text.
My initial thoughts for the blog was that it would be something that I'd write for my eyes only. Apparently other parts of my brain begged to differ and instead chose to divulge the address to other individuals. Although I didn't want people to know what was going on.... that was probably a lie of some sort because letting people read this is really just saying I wanted people to pay attention to me and whatever I thought. Sounds rather needy.

I'd like to conclude by taking an excerpt from the preface of Malcolm Gladwell's What the Dog Saw: "Good writing does not succeed or fail on the strength of its ability to persuade. [...] It succeeds or fails on the strength of its ability to engage you, to make you think, to give you a glimpse into someone else's head - even if in the end you conclude that someone else's head is not a place you'd really like to be."

Thanks for being here.


In other news...


Was able to crash through the material I need for CAL on Tuesday and the Chem lab today. Which really isn't that much. There's much much more to do. Rawr.


Trying a second batch right now. Hopefully it'll turn out better than last time? Maybe. It's a work in progress. Speaking of which, my brother is much more talented at cooking than I am. Him and his trying out epic recipes that he finds. That omuraisu was so so good.


Another photoshoot later, and we have the campaign posters for the elections. Rather fantastic work by the artistic one once again. Much praise from others as well. Aren't you proud? There's a profound mixture of excitement from the elections along with fear of embarrassment of having my face plastered all over campus. It's going to be awkward.


More more more music everywhere. Another album of Phoenix, a new album of Gary Cao and then some guy called Anson. It's a never ending deluge of music that'll spill Mr. Orange-kun's fluids. Speaking of mp3's... I managed to kill another pair of earphones. I don't know how it happens but they never last more than half a year.
Are you back yet!? Bleh. You should be back. I miss your being-around-ness.

and so on so forth.

1 solutions:

an said...

*blows noisemaker*
phwee! ^^;