So. Thought. What kind of superpowers would I want if I could have any. Or something like that was the question stem from some conversational text in the past few days.
I think this has changed every once in a while. While I was a kid, I wanted...I believe flight the most. Now, I'd rather have control of the 4th dimension (I guess that'd be sort of like Hiro's from Heroes).
Flight first. I mean, wouldn't being able to fly be a incredibly kickass notion? First of all, I'd never have to be afraid of falling because I somehow have control over my own momentum. Secondly, travelling to places would be pretty sweet because I can just fly there, so no more need for transportation issues. However, wouldn't it be kind of cold? It might be if I get any higher than certain heights.
I think primarily I wanted flight because it'd allow me to fly back to Hong Kong to visit... since when I was a kid, we couldn't do it that often. We're not rich enough to fly everywhere and anywhere we want every half a year.
However, as thought matured, I realized that being able to control the 4th dimension holds for itself much more practicalities than flight would. Control of the 4th dimension gives me control of both space and time. I.e. teleporting and time manipulation. This pretty much trumps the whole flying to locations thing because I can just warp there. On the plus side, it'd be much faster, but on the downside, the view isn't as great.
The time manipulation part is of specific interest because there never seems to be enough time to do everything that I'd want to. Within the constraints of when classes are, having to sleep, and whatever else... it's difficult to fit in studying everything and playing and whatever else I'd want to do. Being able to manipulate time means that I can extend the time periods I have in between to do everything that I'd want to do.
What else about time manipulation though? Extend the time I have to write tests? Stop time so I can go look at my notes or other people's exams? I could take things from stores without them knowing too. There are probably a lot more criminal things that I could do... like freeze time and take money from the register to pay for my meal... I would probably become inebriated with my own abilities and stop with my responsibilities altogether.
But logistically speaking... how would time manipulation work? Perhaps it only works within a specific range? Then that in itself would become dangerous to use as those outside my sphere of influence gazing into the time-freezing phenomenon would cause too much of a problem, right? If I stopped time, what actually stops? Wouldn't I run out of air if I stayed in the same place because its diffusion would stop? Wouldn't I technically not be able to use any electronics because no electricity is running?
Then there's also the matter of my own age. If I'm still moving forward in time within a frozen time space, wouldn't that mean that I would grow older than everyone else I know? If I misused this power or overused it... it would literally die earlier than everyone I would know because my time is limited...right? Unless I can also slow down the aging of my cells... but that has nothing to do with speed, but error in replication and telomere shortening, or at least that'd be part of it.
Or something.
This feels like an incomplete thought, but...I have to go. Snowy conditions require slower driving and what not.
2 solutions:
so much thought on a weekend morning
yay, you posted ^^
see, reading minds would be so much less messy. not. XD
well you kind of have control over space and time. because it's the same thing. you're just kind of converting...but going back in time would have so many consequences that make life senseless, and I'd rather not have the possibility. I'd like to make time go slower sometimes, or faster. that would be nice.
I remember talking about superpowers with my friends one lunch, and mine was being invisible at will.
I suggested the following for a rather materialistic friend: the ability to turn 2D objects into 3D objects of the same size. That is, you can turn a picture into the actual thing. No more shopping!
Post a Comment