Where is that piece? I know I saw that piece earlier. Here? There?
*rustling*
*rustling*
I know I saw that piece. Augh.
Maybe I accidentally used it elsewhere? Same color? But no! Then there would be an identical piece of that color here. But it's missing.
Why!? Where could it have gone!?
Maybe I'll have an extra piece downstairs.
Not here. There? Hmm. Nope. Not this. In this bag? This looks promising. Nope. Augh. WHY!?
This. Is. Not. Happening.
I have to find it. I have to find it. Have. To.
...
despair.
.Fin.
- or -
He dug through the massive bin of pieces. It was just a pile of all the old sets that he had. They weren't important any more. What was important... was that single piece that was missing. Perhaps he could find it here.
He rummaged through the box picking up handful after handful of pieces. There must be an identical piece in here. It's a common piece he thought.
As time went on, with each sifting hand... time slowed.
In his hand, each brick slipped through his fingers like grains of sand swirling in the dessert.
Every brick that returned to the box another drop of hope being washed away amidst the torrent of despair.
His hands dropped.
His eyes empty.
- or -
On his deathbed, there was only one thing he regretted. That single brick that he could not find. The puzzle incomplete. It laid there. It mocked him so.
A single knock.
His brother enters to say his farewell to the dying man.
But something was amiss.
As the brother leaned in closer... he reached into his pocket...
The pristine shape. Those angles. That design. That pure whiteness... that ... that piece.
It was so close. He tried to reach out... but he was too weak. All could do was look at that face smiling back at him.
He let out a light rasp... trying to call out for his brother.
But his brother just kept smiling. Holding that piece out of his reach.
He had no more strength. His arm fell. It was all he could do to keep his eyes from closing as he fixated on that piece. He felt hatred welling inside his body. You. YOU took that piece from me. I had it all. It was all I needed. That one piece. To complete this masterpiece... and YOU... you ruined it.
How he wanted to let out this rage... It begged to be released from its cage... but...
.end.
So yeah, my brother bought the Green Grocer Lego set online. Rather pricey set with 2300+ pieces inside. The detail is amazing though. It's not that fact that the set looks like a family run convenience store on the first floor with two apartments afterwards that makes it sweet... it's the meticulous thought going into each aspect of it that makes it what it's worth. The carpet design, the fridge stocked with goods, the grandfather clock, the fireplace, the bbq stove on the roof, the mouse hole behind the counter, drapes for the windows... I wonder how that person designed all of this... oh yeah. We're missing two pieces. Magical.
That's long enough as it is, I'll carry on later.
1 solutions:
yay, stories!
^^
Post a Comment