So, other than my main, Fyra the Night Elf Druid, I've started basically 3 new characters:
Feira - Night Elf Priest (lvl 34, 22.5 hours played)
Quoryn - Worgen Warlock (lvl 30, 20 hours played)
Vraz - Gnome Mage (lvl 12, 5 hours played)
Vraz - Gnome Mage (lvl 12, 5 hours played)
That's a lot of hours played on top of my druid's leveling from 80 to 85, which I'd say was between 30 to 40 ish hours? So I'm definitely getting my money's worth for the expansion and a month of play. Also, although there's a bit of 'I should play this as much as possible because I paid for it' going on, I'm actually enjoying my time playing, so it's all good. I think.
So, as a mini-recap, with the new expansion of Cataclysm, the world of World of Warcraft (lol), has literally been changed forever. The arrival of the dragon aspect of death, Deathwing caused the continents of Azeroth to shift and the disrupted the balance of nature. Ignoring the story aspects, this means that the leveling zones from 1-60 have been completely revamped to give a whole new experience. However, it's taking into account the story that makes this new experience that much better.
If you've played the game before Cataclysm, many of the new quests and zones make references to previous things that you've done. Quest givers make references to previous heroes (that's us!) that've accomplished things in the zone. Quests that you've done before now pave way for new quests that your characters can conquer. It's all pretty entertaining and nostalgic at the same time.
Blizzard has also done a lot of work on the mechanics of the game to make the leveling experience much smoother. More transportation between locations and earlier access to mounts means less down time from travelling. Higher drop rates on quest items and more experience from mobs and quests means you can level quicker as well. They've also revamped the questing so there's less running around from person to person and more focus on the quests themselves. Kudos.
I'll maybe break into the beginning areas for the Worgen (which was awesome) and a little RP'ing with Feira. Because if you can't tell, Feira is obviously the younger sister of Fyra. That's right. It's that cool.
In other news...
Christmas has somehow come and gone... and I've also somehow gotten presents. It's weird. They're all lovely things though. Thoughtful and whatnot. Thanks all. There was: a watch from Tokyoflash (the Satellite with the green LEDs), Lego's Creationary, chocolate, a TimCard, Professor Layton model (top hat included), and.... I think that's it? Memory's hazy, too much WoW.
I also ordered a bunch of books a while back, most of it still isn't here yet, but I finally got my hands on the complete works for Mega Man, Mega Man Zero, while Mega Man X and Okami are on the way. Because I'm a big fan of all of those.
Can't think of anything to say. Back to Azeroth.
1 solutions:
Like.
Back to Azeroth.
Post a Comment