Assigned Problems

1/15/11

Socks

1/15/11
I don't like throwing away my socks despite all the holes (other than the one I put my foot through) there are on them. I mean... why not? If my shirt gets too many holes, I'd probably throw it away. If my shoes had too many holes, I'd throw them away. If my jeans... wait, I'd just get those patched.

But why not socks?

I think my mom had to just throw them out for me and tell me because I wouldn't do so myself. Or maybe it's my frugal side thinking that there's still some use for them because it's not completely ridden with holes.

Or maybe I just never want to throw my socks away because one can never have enough socks.


In other news...


That's one week down of this semester, 12 more to go. I'm still not too sure what's happening with computational neurophys, I do know that it, alongside enzymology, are going to be tough to topple. Criminal justice is appearing to be more and more interesting, and hopefully it stays that way. It's a shame that none of the names that she mentions in class ring a bell for me. It's definitely a disadvantage.


Played lots of squash yesterday. Or at least much more than usual. While two buddies of mine were taking a break, some random guy knocked on the glass and asked if we could play a few rallies. Scary. Then after the two of them had to leave early, I played with a friend and her buddies too. It's... interesting to play against new people since I'm practically always playing the same guy over and over again (no offense). Trying to read different people and seeing different shots definitely kept me on my toes throughout. Not to mention just playing non-stop for almost an hour. That kept me on my toes too.


After a week of classes, I'm glad that my subscription for WoW is ending, because I'd have difficulty getting any work done at the university since my laptop (and subsequently WoW) is there. So there I am, on battle.net ending my subscription, making a peon cry. Interestingly, when you unsub., they ask for you to give a reason for why you're ending the subscription, and you can choose from a list of a list which'll give you pseudo-tailored responses.

For example, my (obvious) reason is that it is a 'temporary hold' because I'm 'going to school'. Blizzard had this to say:
"We are sorry to hear that you may be leaving World of Warcraft, however we do appreciate your dedication to your studies. If you think you may wish to play on weekends, or perhaps during time reserved for recreation (even just a few hours a week!), it may be worth it to you to keep the account active. You may also want to consider the chatting aspect of World of Warcraft. Many of our customers have come to appreciate the camaraderie and fellowship that comes with the ability to log on and talk with friends across the region or just chat with guild mates."

They also don't neglect to mention that "should you get the opportunity to play at a later time, your account will remain available for your reactivation." Hilarious, really. Yes, I'm 'dedicated to [my] studies'. "

"The peon is full-on weeping now. We hope you're happy. Are you positive you want to deactivate your subscription?" Sorry peon.

1 solutions:

an said...

*applause*
Not for the peon, but for your dedication =D
Socks aren't good for patching.
But seeing the title was an instant smile XD