Assigned Problems

5/10/09

5/10/09
Good afternoon.

Just finished watching Densha Otoko (meaning The Train Man). It was quite awesome and heartwarming. It's a drama based on a true story about an Otaku meeting this beautiful girl
on the train, and protecting her from this drunkard, thus starting an epic love story. Otakus (i think) is a term meaning a person obsessed with something, but in mainstream japanese culture, Otaku usually means those socially inept individuals that are obsessed with anime, manga, games, and anything surrounding those. The main character, Tsunyoshi, not knowing how to communicate with the opposite gender relies on a forum called A-channel and the people there gave him advice and encourage on his quest to win Saori's heart. Tsunyoshi's experiences, pure heart, and honesty change these people on the forum, bringing them new hope and a new lease on life.

Of course, reality is far from this (despite how this is based on a true story), i doubt many things would ever turn out like this. Ever. Most people on the internet are trolls and flamers, and you'd be hardpressed to find such an encouraging group of people. Also, i guess it's easier for me to connect since in a way, i'm an otaku as well. I'm glad i don't spend excessive amounts of cash on anime figures and such though. Games and manga, may be. Now i'll need to find something else to watch.


IN OTHER NEWS...

The ConoccoPhillips Youth of Distinction Awards was held yesterday at the Calgary Zoo. I wasn't able to work up the courage to go around introducing myself to many of the nominees there, but it was interesting to see all of these amazing people. Well, overwhelming really, to be in the same room as those that have done such incredible feats of humanity and self determination. It's humbling to know that I have never, and probably won't ever, be able to manage such acts. Oh, also, Ms. Teen Alberta 2009 was there. I didn't even know there was a Ms. Teen (insert province here) in Canada. She was asian too xD. Didn't get a chance to talk though. Not that it'd amount to anything.

Haven't L4D'd in a long time. Hope i'm not getting rusty.

Been meeting up with random friends these past 3 days, with mixed results of happiness and awkwardness. Catching up with people is fun, until you run out of things to say, then it's just awkward. Window shopping is sad since you never get to buy the darn things, despite how great they are. Distracting people from work is awesome, as long as they don't get in trouble.

Looking back, there's always things that I could've done better, after reflecting, you think that you wouldn't make the same mistakes again in the future. Wrong. Three times (if memory serves), i've messed up something of this caliber. Well, they were different in context, but quite similar in nature. Each time, I'v failed to handle things correctly. Oh wait, four. Each time i've responded differently, and they were all wrong: Lack of iniative, running from nothing, two, blatant ignorance, there's probably even more. I don't know how to remedy any of this, but the situations seem to be okay now. But then again, maybe not, I'm apparently not very good at picking up on these things. Perhaps in the future, I'll deal with these better, but i doubt it. I don't notice these things until i'm at an irreversible point.

Don't rely on me.

Final thoughts.
When is the point at which I should just give up? Dragging things on for so long, what does it bring if I can never succeed? Is it out of some sort of obligation? Maybe I've stopped long ago, but I'm continuing on due to the drama of it all. Even I'm not really sure what's happening. But if it's the latter, that's just awful. What do I want? I need to sort things out.

0 solutions: