Assigned Problems

8/14/09

OCAC12: 48

8/14/09
hours ish until my flight for Vancouver leaves.

6 weeks. Blink. 48 hours. o_o.

So we got back today from the "graduation trip" trip. Although to call it a graduation trip would give one the idea that it was something so incredibly exciting and excitingly incredible that finding out it's true nature would leave one mildly disappointed. Just mildly of course. It was still rather fun =D.

The whole graduation trip thing felt more like an extended field trip of what we've been doing on our regular field trips than like some "awesome super travel somewhere exciting" thing. We woke early on saturday morning and went on the tour bus to a glass museum of sorts. The exibit somehow ended up being less captivating than the ceramics museum. I'm not sure how that's possible since glass is just so much cooler than ceramics. The art presented was pretty intense as usual. I honestly don't understand how they can make such minature thingies.

After lunch at a shady place with subpar food, we went to some random tourist place with a few temples and a bunch of stalls. Ended up buying a set of beads, because I have some sort of attachment to those. But then again, this attachment might not be anything that incredibly since I seem to have an attachment to watches, tshirts, backpacks / sidebags, and sneakers.

We stayed at a pretty sweet hotel that night. The bathroom was separated from the shower! Omg! We haven't seen one of those in ages. The decor in the building was generally one notch higher on the scale of exquisiteness compared to everything else, and the garden in the back was also nice. Exploring the area was in order since the garden and recreation area was kind of cool. We however did get in trouble for climbing on the roof. I'm not sure why anyone would get in trouble for doing something like that. The garden is just that much more interesting in the dark without lights.

The next day we headed to some temple-ish thing on the top of this pseudo-mountain. Well, not exactly a temple since it was only a small bit, with the other part being an exhibit on Darwin. I'm surprised I didn't read more about it. But I think I was just tired o_o. Took a lot of random pictures there, including some where we were on the wave breaking thingies. But apparently we're not supposed to do that since we got in trouble. xD.

Then left to the stadium of the 2009 World Games. Sort of ridiculous since all we got to do was look at it from the outside. More random picture taking. Went to the night market afterwards. Um, I call it a night market, but technically it was just in the afternoon. I can't think of a more apt term. Basically walked around by myself checking out sneakers everywhere. So expensive =/. But so nice. Sadness. Was also tempted to buy a new wallet and this really nice leather pouch thingy that's practically a murse of some sort. So nice. So. nice.

The hotel we stayed at that night was noticeably down a few notches on the scale of exquisiteness. Not to say it was a bad place to be at, but just not as comfortable or welcoming. Quite cramp, I might add. We went to ktv after dinner at the hotel, but didn't wake Ryan because he was sleeping in the room. That was a horrible idea. After an enjoyable bout of ktv'ing, we headed back, and realized that we couldn't get in the room. Because Ryan had the key. He also didn't return till well after bedcheck.

...apparently, waking up, and realizing that no one was there, he decided to go on an adventure of his own. Then got lost. And messed with by the taxi driver. =/. Oh Ryan...

On the last day (that's today), the only place we went to was "Little Person Land" (that's a direct translation. I enjoy basking in how incoherent these are). That place, other than being an amusement park, was also home to a lot of miniature scale replicas of famous places, and it was pretty fun to look at those, mainly because of how detailed these replicas were. Looked after bags while people went on this uber log flume ride that sent waves flying at least 3 stories high, leaving everyone soaked. Posed by a giant inflatable Doraemon. Went on some weird mini rollercoaster inside a dark room with crazy seizure inducing flashing lights. Bumper cars! In the middle of all of this, Ryan managed to disappear without any of us knowing where he went. >_>.

And we're back in Taipei.


In other news...


It seems kind of surreal how all of this is over in less than two days, and that some people are leaving already. I'm afraid that I've become attached to a few of them, especially since I'll never see them again (or rather, very slim chances). Ridiculous.


Forgot to mention that we watched a few movies on this trip. There was Ice Age 3, Pink Panther 2, 17 Again, Escape to Witchmountain, part of Transformers 2. Ice Age 3 was surprisingly not as good as Ice Age, humoring, but not as good. Pink Panther 2 was just full of stupid laughs. I think I lost brain cells watching that movie. I enjoyed 17 Again, not just because Zac Effron is so utterly hot, but because I enjoy those types of stories. Yes, I do enjoy a good dose of cheese every once in a while. Didn't watch Escape because it seemed stupid, and I was sleepy. Ignored Transformers 2 because I've attempted to watch it twice, and fell asleep everytime. So utterly hot. Lol.


My wallet is utterly empty right now. Finally bought some Bape shirts today! Whee. I'm glad I held out because that shop I look at had some really cool looking new ones. I need to exchange my last bill tomorrow o_o. Which should be enough to cover for a pair of sneakers, a few more tshirts, possibly a racquet bag (I still don't know right now), and maybe clubbing. Yes, I said clubbing. o_o. I have no idea how that's going to end, but apparently I might be going tomorrow night. o_o.

..o_o.


Can't run away forever... can I?

2 solutions:

an said...

^^ so if today is the 16th, does that mean you're in vancouver?!

haha, which is where we'll be tomorrow!

weeeeird. anyways, welcome back home(!!!) and hope you're all in one piece (=

Gossamer said...

Psh. You're full of lies. You definitely like it cause Zac Efron is totally hot. =P