Not that late mind you... sort of.
Anyways...
Remember that random OCD thing that I'm sure I have with the attention to random details (as in, 'oh noes, the play count for all these songs is not the same, some songs won't feel as loved'...among other ridiculous things)... it only applies to random, often unimportant, things.
Which is entirely valid because we're not interested in all things, but then it becomes a hindrance when it becomes all that you're focused on and you can't do much else.
Let's take examine the BCEM393 midterm. Man. That was rough. A Friday night, 7-9pm just before Reading Week. Is ridiculous. It's like the final shackle before we're finally free. The attention to detail that we needed for the midterm was completely ridiculous. But fair, I mean... they did give it to us in the notes... but some of it was rather ...obscure. Sort of. Just ridiculously long in general. Gah.
But yeah... the attention thing. It felt like I knew most of what I needed for that midterm...then I wrote it. It's like my understanding of the knowledge is incomplete. I understand the overall bits of information for the exam, but the tinier things I keep missing. This probably holds true for the BIOL331 exam too. Which I bombed... 60%... Ow. Ego.
Really though... all this pseudo-depression and disappointment in myself is because I've been ridiculously pampered with my previous marks. I'm expecting too much of myself perhaps. If you don't expect anything, you won't be let down... but then you won't get anywhere.
It's the risks that we take. Risks... you have a vague idea what the final result will be. Then you leap hoping you'll land where you envisioned ground will be. How many jumps do I have to make till I land?
In other news...
Augh. Another performance yesterday. Not a big fan of those if you didn't already know. I think a minor correction is required... I think its mostly performances including him because he's way too unorganized and he takes out the resulting frustration of his actions on other people. Seriously man, they're kids, cut them some slack. How can you expect them to do things exactly the way you envisioned it by getting them to meet up an hour and a half before showtime to practice for it? I'd rant on and on about this (which I actually could, sadly), but let's not.
Reading Week is upon us. Lots to do apparently. Should get to it sometime. But with the purchase of FFVIII, things'll be rough. Maybe I'll finally beat this game. o_o. Have I ever mentioned how my brother had to play this game 3 times? I accidentally erased his game file twice when he was near the end. He gave up during the third. I don't blame him. > <".
Still listening to a lot of We the Kings. So many awesome songs. Anna Maria (All We Need) currently playing. Lyrics are awesome. You'd know why.
More later. Maybe. I'm getting hungry.
2 solutions:
I am glad I am not the only one obsessed with his playcounts... I get mad at my brother when he leaves his iPod on through the night, raising some songs playcounts in an unfair manner. >.<
sadness T-T lousy connection made for loss of first comment attack.
新年快樂, 弟! 出入平安 ^^
ps. and coincidentally the verification word is "bless". XD
Post a Comment