Assigned Problems

6/9/10

Head in a Vice

6/9/10
It somehow feels like forever since I last blogged, even though it's been less than five days. Odd.

Things have been on a time crunch of sorts, especially with this week with essay, quizzes, midterm, group project, amongst other things colliding.

Then I have a headache that's persisted for the past few weeks that's grown in strength and fervor the past few days.

I've definitely been sleeping a lot less these past few days trying to study or get my essay together. I'm surprised at the amount of work I've put into the essay... but even then at this point I'm not sure how it'll turn out. It's worth quite a chunk of marks.


Anyways.

Interesting conversations in a car. Responsibilities are scary. When we grow up.... as we grow up, we kind of lose the shield of our parents. No one refers to me as so-and-so's son, I'm not me. Things I do have a consequence the is directed at me, not someone else.

I guess coming into terms with that... isn't exactly easy.

Also a few exposing thoughts here and there. Mostly chalking up to some sort of intense personal selfishness that I bear.


In other news...


From a text:
"Funny that you checked.
Funnier that you told me.
Funniest that there's a pattern. Maybe it's a sign"

Maybe it is a sign. But this is hardly the sign to use. I'd prefer something with a flair of sudden epiphany. Not this. This is just cruel. It's become a habit for me to just check just in case there's a slight margin of anything happening.


Crossiron Mills on Saturday was rather interesting. Don't think I've ever really really shopped with guys. An enjoyable experience to be sure. There was temptation to buy more than I needed... and I did buy more than I needed (read: I shouldn't have needed to buy anything at all). But I've been looking for something yellow.... then I caved. Second thoughts about that dress shirt, but I'm glad I didn't buy those shoes.


Something that I was able to pinpoint today that I also read earlier... our Verbal Reasoning instructor is... a jerk. Quirkiness I can deal with. Imperfect speaking skills I can deal with. Being rude and shooting down ideas completely.... not so much. At least the other instructors have the courtesy of going "that's almost right. You have the right idea, but you're missing this point..." and so on so forth. It's not that hard. It doesn't hurt people's feelings as easily.


I'm hungry. I think we've established that I'm pretty much constantly hungry. But today somehow I skipped both breakfast and lunch. Despite eating dinner then coming home and eating a second dinner.. I'm still hungry. But then again.. it's near 3am.


English project is a total gongshow right now. Running around asking strangers if we can interview them is... slightly harrowing. Still, we managed to get a few people to do it. Hopefully that'll be enough.


Got a friend to download Medabots for me. The nostalgia is unbelievably awesome. Also noticed trends and such ... but that'll be for another day. Should probably head to bed.

Incoherence...out.

0 solutions: