In the end, I was able to finish: two labs, a presentation, two applications. I have yet to start on the next presentation, even though we're meeting tomorrow to finish it, I've barely done any research for our research proposal so I feel like I'm dragging my partner down, and there's also the standard studying that isn't occurring, which means that when midterms come... it'll be great.
Regardless of everything that's been happening, the world keeps turning. Everyone's lives proceed at the same time you do (death not permitting). The mother of a friend that I've known for years, the other day when I visited her, she's no longer babysitting anymore. All the kids are too old. She just looks after pets now. And she still drives that red truck that she's had since we were born. Another friend whom I haven't seen in any of my classes, apparently had made it in to vet med. That's also amazing.
Another thought. Friends certainly do seem to come and go. Stepping back, I've realized that one of my closest friend from when I was young... really isn't that close anymore. Started happening in high school and now we just hang out once in a while, but that's alongside everyone else. It's... an odd feeling.
Things just keep happening. Better keep up.
In other news...
I'm sleepy. Like... really sleepy.
Glad to be finished one of the long talks for Nans599. I think I still spoke too fast, but at least I hit the 15 minute mark dead on. Questions this time around weren't too bad either. Also glad to be finished the med school application. Although in no ways difficult, it was an exercise in tedium that I didn't need. The same goes for having to run for faculty rep.
I've forgotten to mention that I finally got my first escorts with Safewalk. Amazing, I know. After a whole year of shifts, I finally get, not one, but two escorts on the same night. Last Thursday. Mark it. It'll be a celebration next year. It's actually not that exciting though. You go there, say hi, make small talk, escort. Whee.
I'm still sleepy. Time to do some research.
1 solutions:
Even if the world keeps on turning, sometimes it's nice to sit back, alone or with someone else, and be still for a little bit ^^.
Ra-ra, presentation!
Post a Comment