Anyways...
3D Dot Game Heroes is a huge homage and throwback to not only the old Legend of Zelda games, but to games in general. The story goes something like this: evil villain is sealed away using 6 powerful orbs by your ancestor. When the world makes the transition from 2D to 3D, the villain grows stronger and breaks free. It's up to you, the descendant of the hero to traverse the dangers of the lands to retrieve these 6 orbs, save the princess, thwart evil, and save the world.
It's. Awesome. The transition from 2D to 3D meant that the game's visuals would all be pixelated. But 3D pixelated. Which looks really neat. The game also comes with an editor that allows you to create and animate your own hero, or to download those made by other people. Not being very creative nor artsy, I could only come up with a pot of stew that spills over when you attack and an invisible man with a professor Layton top hat.
Gameplay-wise, it definitely reminds you of Legend of Zelda. Dungeons, boomerangs, bombing cracked walls, dash boots, empty bottles, fairy fountains, a hookshot... It's all very Zelda-esque. Except for your huge sword. That thing is huge. However, I'd still say that LoZ was better made. Level-design and how the game played was just better. Or maybe time has made me idealize the game more than I should.
Probably the thing I enjoyed the most about the game was all the references it made to other games and popular gaming culture. From the loading screens that mimicked other games to random quotes like "A hero is you!", the game really tickles our inner nerd.
In other news...
I finally got work done today! Although just the Nans511 paper. Or at least my portion. Which was only about a page long.
That's... about it. Haven't really done much this long weekend other than sit around and chill. And y'know... beat 3D Dot Game Heroes. Need a new game to play on the PS3. Although there's still a bunch of games I haven't played on the Wii, and still that FF game I'm playing right now... and the anime to watch and manga to read... hmm...
1 solutions:
So much to do, so little time.
Yay, you did work ^^
Post a Comment