This dream involved a princess. However, I couldn't save the princess because the targeting system was out-of-whack.
Yes. The dream was like an RPG. The princess I think would be a random encounter, and I was supposed to save her. But I couldn't target her when I wanted to use the 'save' ability. Or something. It was rather frustrating because the encounter seemed to end before I could do anything (e.g. I woke). Then I'd go back to sleep because I had this urge to save the princess.
So I ended up drifting in and out of sleep for about half an hour trying to save a princess that I couldn't physically save. I was a bit disappointed.
I also wonder how I knew that she was a princess. No connection to other princesses though.
In other news...
Still still trying to get a grip on all the Faculty Rep stuff that I'm supposed to take care of. There's a lot of things that everyone else seems to know that I don't know about, and I'm not too sure how to go about handling everything. Regular meetings, figuring out which committee to join, working out the tentative SAS, pseudo-planning out the newsletter thing, other random meetings... it's... a bit overwhelming. Gah.
Speaking of meetings, attending the Faculty of Science Council meeting was neat. The Dean and Associate Deans went over enrollment numbers, new policies, and the ever popular budget in science. I didn't know whether to laugh or die a little when I saw that the Nanoscience department was allotted zero dollars in the budget.
Lots of familiar faces there though... Cramb, Walker, Trudel, Prenner, Zaremberg, Turner, Barette-Ng, Edwards, Donev, Russell, Hansen, Wong, Flynn... which is actually daunting. Sitting in a room with all these PhD people. Daunting daunting.
Didn't help that I fell asleep a bit during the budget part. Couldn't help it. Room was way too warm.
I realize that I text using emoticons so much that when I stop using them, I feel like my texts are inherently angry. They're not inherently angry. They're just emoticon-less. Which essentially makes them blank slates for you to project your current emotions on... which turns out to be a bad thing most of the time.
Winter finally arrives in Calgary. Snow and wind and coldness abound! Thin jeans and dress pants do nothing against their might. At least the new jacket fends them off like a champ. Although overall I'm still freezing from hips down.
Have I mentioned that I've been eating out more lately? It's slightly taxing (actually, very taxing) on my budget, so anything that I've been earning goes back out. It's also taxing on my mental well being because I haven't been exercised as much lately... and I feel really bloated / disgusting. Sadness. Also, the past two nights I've eaten dinner at home (yay!), and I've overeaten both nights. I think it's a combination of deliciousness and habit, but one bowl of soup and three bowls of rice and a mass load of meat and vegetables is excessive. And mind you these are not small bowls.
1 solutions:
The phrase "inherently angry" just made me chuckle. Emoticon-less text on msn or SMS is something different to get used to, admittedly.
Post a Comment