First of all, bladder control makes sense: you don't want to just randomly urinate / defecate anywhere. Within the context of current day society, that makes sense, we don't want to make a scene anywhere we go.
But what about within the context of ancient times? Mayhaps it was a survival sort of thing. Or rather... it probably was. It's possible for predators to track their prey by, for lack of a better word, smelling for them (ew). So then those that had better bladder control would be more likely to survive because they could go in a better place at a better time.
Likewise, seeing as how our sense of smell and what we like / dislike correlate with how poisonous something is (e.g. bitter things are usually poisonous, which is why we naturally dislike it), being able to go elsewhere means that you can keep your living / mating area more...attractive?
Who knows.
But then what about now? Unless my bladder is about to burst, you don't just go anywhere. But why is it that we only go when we're in the bathroom. If I'm sitting in a chair and I forcefully think "let's go right now", why doesn't anything happen (I'm glad nothing happened). Maybe it's become a trained mechanism within us (like how children are trained to go only in the bathroom). Maybe.
In other news...
Enzymology midterm was... fair? Going through the midterm from prior years, I thought for sure that I wouldn't do well. However, prof seems to have made the questions more relevant to what he's taught in class (i.e. there were questions that were recognizable in terms of material compared to the practice). Maybe that's why notes are always out late... he's making new ones every time he teaches instead of using older lectures.
Sigh. So much doubt.
1 solutions:
*hug*
The end of the week is here!
And the new beginning of another week...
Get lots of rest, dii.
Post a Comment