It's unsettling each time I think about how fast time flows. Three weeks left until exams come, and that's my first year of university. This same time last year, we were all fretting over which university to go to, scholarships, picking out courses, wondering if we'd be ready. Now we're almost done.
Of course, this can be related to the smaller scale of homework procrastination, wondering where all that time went too. But this could be applied to something nice too. Jogging. The time actually goes by ridiculously fast when I'm jogging. Unknowingly, I've extended my jogging time by 10 minutes from the 30 that i started with at the beginning of the semester. And to think, I use to hate 30 minute runs. Now I do it for .. wait for it... fun. Well, it's good exercise xD.
Conference this weekend.
Would I have gone if I didn't have previous engagements? It's hard to tell. It's something that I'm not sure now, or if I ever was to begin with. Time really does fly by fast, one year ago, it was pretty much my first encounter with anything like this. Year and a half since that started too. But it could've been longer and I've just never registered it, and by then, it was too late.
Final bit here, unless something else pops into my mind as I'm writing this.
I know its something that's hard to deal with, but people come and go. Strangers, acquaintances, friends, family, loved ones, sooner or later, it'll happen. You think you're old enough to deal with this, that you're mature enough to understand why it's happening, but when it comes... everything just stops.
Despite the superficial things that we build our lives around, these tools, technologies, ideas, beneath it all, we see how fragile our existence really is.
..have to head off, build on this later. Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 solutions:
Post a Comment