Assigned Problems

12/5/09

The Storm Warning is Mocking Me

12/5/09
Spanning two / three days with a predicted snowfall of 20 to 30 cm of snow, the plans for this weekend have been... blown away. So to speak.

Was either supposed to have some bros come over today or was going out for some pearls and wings. Neither occurred. Instead, it was more like "Omfg I can't see 2 meters in front of me." I also do not enjoy stuck cars. Nor pushing them. It gets rather cold. Also, I don't appreciate knee high snow.

With the onset of snow, road conditions for later today may also be rather...slippery. Which invariably means that I shouldn't be driving out. That's the second plan ruined. Bah.

All that aside... the scene is rather beautiful. Despite the bleakness in palette selection, the strokes of white and grey give the campus a fleeting sense of tranquility and calamity all at once. The swirling snow, the people being blown around, the stinging frost... it's amazing.


In other news...


Ecol lab final was pretty smooth despite the lack of studying. On the flipside, Zool lab final was brutal despite the overwhelming amount of studying. You could view this relationship in two ways: I study less, and the exam is magically easier or I gauge which is more difficult and I allocate more time to that exam. The latter is more plausible, but I'd like to believe in magic. The Chem quiz today was a gong show. I don't remember ever putting so little effort into a quiz for the longest time. I think it might've been burn out from Zool.


Finally got around to listening to Michael Buble's new album. Man, he's got one amazingly sultry voice. Also, I love jazz. It's a winning combination. Of course, since we're speaking of new music that I like.... more music reshuffling. Gah.

Then, while on the topic, here's a list of the top ten artist / song that are played on Mr. Orange-kun (rather than the actual top ten songs. Not sure why I decided on this):

1. 月球上的人 - 陳奕迅 - 123 play count
2. 晴天娃娃 - 江語晨 - 109 play count
3. Love Love Love (feat. Yoongjin) - Epik High - 101 play count
4. Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings - 101 play count
5. 蘭亭序 - 周杰倫 - 100 play count
6. 別再為他流淚 - 梁靜茹 - 98 play count
7. 普通朋友 + 鬼 (Overture) - 陶喆 - 85
8. Distant Worlds - The Black Mages - 81
9. It's You (너라고) - 슈퍼주니어 (Super Junior) - 70
10. 擇日失戀 - 吳浩康 - 70

The top ten artists comprised of the 49 most played songs on Mr. Orange Kun. I'd say about 1/5 of those songs were Eason. However, the numbers may be skewed slightly because some songs have had an existing playcount before being put onto Mr. Orange Kun. Which means 月球上的人, Love Love Love, Distant Worlds, and It's You are probably lower than they should be.


Played the board game "Pandemic" with my brother today. Was an uber belated gift from a good friend. Although I did say it was unnecessary to find another gift since I already possessed the original one. But thank you. Anyways, the game. No backstabbing, no dicerolling, only teamwork between a group of people saving the world from an outbreak of deadly viruses. Only playing it on the easy difficulty and with only my brother, the game is easy enough to handle. But I think ramping the difficulty as well as adding more players would make the teamwork process much harder. Also much more rewarding. Can't wait to try it out with others.


Forgot to mention this some other time (because the best time to remember wanting to post something is a few hours after you post) was the usage of "XD" and "XP" in conversation. With only text, one strives to express more emotion than these pixels can do by using emoticons, fonts, bolds, italics, dashes, asterisks, and such. The use of "XD" and "XP" indicate that the conversation is more lighthearted in nature, as if one is joking. I don't approve of their usage within serious conversation. Even if said serious conversation was not in person (well, obviously you can't use those in person, but that's not the point), their usage implies a sort of... disrespect, like you're not taking things seriously.


I want this. Really badly. It's also $140 pre-order.I guess it's affordable in some sense. But ridiculous in most others.


So I finally get some break time since there's nothing left to hand in other than the Nans paper. Which means I can rest more. Which explains exactly why I'm up right now at 2:49am. Right.


You know you've studied too much for something if you can't enjoy everyday life properly. For example: hotpot. Oh look, we have shelled mussels! As soon as I saw it, these terms came readily to mind until the point where I was prying the shell open and examine part of its structure: Mollusca, Bivalvia, umbo, anterior/ posterior / dorsal / ventral, inhalent / exhalent siphon, gills, etc etc. Ridiculous.


I still don't know what to do. Still. Sigh.

1 solutions:

an said...

3. Love Love Love (feat. Yoongjin) - Epik High - 101 play count
4. Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings - 101 play count

yay! (=