Assigned Problems

1/3/10

The Advice That They Give

1/3/10
I think there's a reason why they give it... because it's right.

No strenuous exercise for the rest of the day.
No heavy lifting with that arm.
Drink lots of fluids.
Eat breakfast before you come.
Don't donate if you're sick.

Other than the last one...I think I failed most of those.

The strenuous exercise thing? Yeah. Don't. You get dizzy, standing becomes difficult, everything you hear sounds like it's coming through a long tunnel, then you almost collapse. Oh. Nausea too.

Heavy lifting causes the clot to rupture. Okay. Rupturing didn't happen, but the arm hurts from lifting when it normally wouldn't hurt. But rupturing is bad. So is spurting. o_o.

Fluids! Help you restore blood levels. I probably didn't drink that much of anything today.

Breakfast! So you don't faint. Oops. Didn't faint though.

If you're sick, you'll pass it onto others. Hence don't.

Speaking of which, finally hit the 10th donation. Whee. The finger poke, the iron test, the questions, more questions, the stab, the drain, the clotting, the free food... it's all routine now. Apparently to save lives. At least that's what they say.

Might as well donate... it's just floating around in my veins anyways.

Also. One of the questions made me laugh. I'm paraphrasing but: Have you ever had Chagas' Disease or Leishmaniasis? Why? It's more Zoology375! Yeah. No kidding. Those are both caused by Nematodes (roundworms). Part of their lifecycle includes circulation in our bloodstreams. No wonder they want to make sure we don't have it. Wouldn't want it passing on to those receivers no?


In other news...


Just beat Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. The Mario and Luigi RPG's (well, Mario RPG's in general) although tailored more towards kids are more involved compared to other RPG's because of the platforming involved as well as the attention you need to pay during combat. Correct button inputs with precise timing can yield damage and evasion bonuses and such. It's not all just press button for actions. Repeat. Uncharted had lush graphics... but it was confusing how enemies could take 5+ shots to the body without collapsing. I don't think I could take one, let alone five.

Starting to play Eternal Sonata. Clocked four hours since I started ...four hours ago. Impressions so far is that the music in this game is really well composed and gives the game the right atmosphere for the locales. The characters are also giving awesome names such as Allegretto, Frederic Francois Chopin, the twins March and Salsa... oh and locale names like Ritardando and Forte Castle. If you don't know what these are... take a music class.

Also... darn anti-piracy codes preventing me from playing Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I'll figure something out. Sometime.


Mr. Orange-Kun is back! Finally! I think he was missing for ... a week almost? I don't even remember. Just too long is all. But now he's got a brand new wardrobe to show off to his other naked metallic siblings.


Started and caught up with a series called Community. Only 12 episodes out with each being only about 20~ minutes long. Not as crazy as my brother watching all of Glee in a day. o_o. Anyways, one of the characters in Community, Troy, is one of actors, Donald Glover, in an online comedy sketch group called Derrick Comedy. It's amazing to see him grow. Community is hilarious by the way. Premises is a lawyer gets his certificate revoked so he's going to community college to get his certificate back and hilarity ensues as he becomes friends with people from his Spanish class.


...Should start fixing my sleeping habits. 8am classes 5 days a week will not roll well with a 3 - 5 am sleep time. Sleep. Rest. Wake and fill mind with games.

1 solutions:

an said...

^^;
funny dii.
relax well this week ^^