Is probably the first musical I ever listened to. Ever. Ever. Produced in 1997 without ever having any stage time and only having the CD. If only there were shows of it.... I would enjoy it immensely to go watch.
Anyways. 雪狼湖. "Snow Wolf Lake" is a story about love. Because love stories are so much fun. The protagonist is played by Jackie Cheung (張學友) and he's probably one of the older Asian artists that I recognize.
Hm... don't know how to go about this. I don't know for certain which part of the story comes from which exact song (because my Chinese is obviously not that good...)
The story starts off with a prologue (不老的传说 - A Not Too Old Tale) telling of a tale about two lovers... that were you to believe in these words... it'd be true.
Our protagonist, 胡狼 (Wolf), is a quiet and talented gardener working at the vista of a rich family, the 宁 family (I think that's 'Ling'). The 宁 family has two daughters, the elder 宁玉凤 (literally 'Jade Wind') and the younger 宁静雪 (literally 'Quiet Snow'). Apparently some rich guy, 梁直 (Leung 'straight'...lol) wants the younger daughter's hand in marriage (but I bet it's just because she's pretty since that's what seems to happen with the rich people in these tales..).
Anyways... this 梁直 guy is a total jerk and takes one of Wolf's flowers (ruining his garden) to give to the young Snow. Wolf gets angry (why wouldn't he?) and the mother of the two daughters, 宁太太 (Mrs. Ling), throws Wolf out of their house. Seeing Wolf's love for flowers, both daughters fall in love with him (seriously?). (I'm not sure where all of this happens... lol)
The next two songs, 一些感覺 (Some Sort of Feeling) and 暗里的感觉 (Hidden Emotions), probably talk about how Wolf and Snow feel about each other. 甚么是恋爱 (What is Love) is probably more of the same about their feelings for each other.
Afterwards, for some reason, the two of them go to watch a meteor shower (花与琴的流星, Flower and Violin's Meteor Shower (I don't understand the title...)). During the meteor shower, they talk about their dreams. Wolf wants to grow a flower that can represent 'Love' and wants to name it 宁静雪 (..you know.. after her name because that's cute) and Snow wants to become a great violinist.
The two sisters often confide in each other about everything (most siblings do...most..I don't) in 两个她的秘密理想 (The Two Girl''s Secret Thoughts...sounds weird). Also apparently Snow's elder sister is jealous of her. Oh. Wolf also has a monkey (that's both awesome and weird..I don't understand why he does either..).
The next song afterwards is kind of ridiculous. 金金相印 (pretty much Money Addiction) is a song where the rich kid and Snow's mother talk about how great money is, how money drives the world, and how great love is with money. So they plot somehow to get Snow to marry him.
On some other night...Snow and Wolf are on a boat (cue the song?). Again they're talking about their dreams. Snow wants to go to a famous music school in Vienna (?) and Wolf talks about how he wants to plant the 宁静雪 flowers along a lake. The two of them decided to name this lake 雪狼湖 (Snow Wolf Lake..that's rather romantic.. but who gave them the right to name the lake?). Then they embrace under the moonlight. Aw.
共度良宵 (To Spend an Enjoyable Night..ripped from google translate..) I think is just a song to set up the next scene with the gala. Or maybe they're singing about preparing the gala (they as in the citizens and whatnot).
In 狂 (Mad (the crazy kind)) the Rich Guy convinces Wolf that Snow is better off without him because he's too poor and can't support her. (That's ridiculous. True love wouldn't care about that stuff... poor Wolf). Anyways, Rich Guy tells Wolf to go commit some sort of crime and get thrown in jail. SO. He goes to commit arson and gets thrown in jail (does anyone else think this is stupid?).
爱狼说 (..I can't think of a good translation other than directly as "Love Wolf Speaking" which sounds utterly ridiculous) is another song about them talking about their feelings. I think this is probably one of those scenes where they're not together but singing about pretty much the same thing.
The next song, 花花嘉年华 (Flower Gala!), just talks about the gala with people singing and dancing ...about singing and dancing at the gala.
Then 爱是永恒 (Love is Eternal reprise! Because a musical just isn't a musical without a few reprises...).
Assumably somewhere in here he commits arson and gets thrown in jail.
-End Disc 1-
This took a lot longer than I though... I'll do the second disc later.
1/5/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 solutions:
hehh
your name translations are interesting =P
whee dii!
Post a Comment