It seems that my parents and I (is that proper grammar? I've never figured it out..) have developed a ritual of ranting after performances and such. Well, more so with my dad than anything else because he's the type to turn every experience into a lesson (not a bad thing ... but I'd love to have an actual conversation sometime).
The disorganization / rushed-ness / angry-ness really makes the performances... unenjoyable. Oh, the overtime as well. I don't think I've ever had a performance where we didn't pass the scheduled time of completion.
Thinking back... have I ever really enjoyed a performance? I'm quite sure the nervousness of the earlier performances were really just replaced by boredom and frustration than anything else.
This is a hobby group. They are not your actual students. No yelling should be done. Of course, whenever you raise your voice it sounds like you're yelling... so maybe not.
These are the elderly we're talking about. The mere fact that they can lion dance even slightly is amazing. Their combined age must reach at least 350 years. I am particularly impressed with the vibrant energy and smile with the 80+ year old guy. He cheers me up.
Wording is important. There are synonyms you can use to 'old' and 'bad' that are much nicer to hear. I think the term is euphemism. The general meaning is the same but the interpretation is everything.
I think the whole running out in circles idea is bad. Always.
The song is also bad. Please stop using it.
I think the concept of prioritizing is rather lost on you. Some things need to be done first that's a fact. We can't drop things on each and every one of your whims because you deem it necessary when it's not.
No one is good at everything, you included. There's a story about three people on a sinking boat. The first is a prestigious doctor. The second is a famous professor at some fancy university. The third can swim. I acknowledge your prowess at what you do... but there are just somethings that you are downright terrible at. It's not an insult. We're only human. But if you can't acknowledge this, nothing can be done about the current situation because we can't advance. Be humble.
[/rant]
Can't use '<' and '>'.... it thinks I'm trying to use Html junk...
In other news...
Although looking forward to classes starting... I wasn't looking forward to labs starting just yet. Ochem ruins that magnificently. Zool mark still isn't out. Rather ridiculous, no?
I beat Eternal Sonata yesterday. Total game time was on the dot 37 hours. Not including the final cutscene (which was about another 40 minutes o_o). The basis of the whole story is that the 'world' that the characters exist in is a figment of the imagination of Chopin. Which explains all the characters' and locales' fancy musical names. The world there exists in a constant loop and it's only when Chopin accepts his own passing away that the loop ends. Lots of fantastic music and dialogue within the game. I also liked the battle system.
Speaking of games... this break I played quite a bit... there was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (5-10 hours?), Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (20 hours), God of War (10 hours), God of War II (10 hours), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (13 hours), Eternal Sonata (37 hours), Lego Rockband (15 hours?), New Super Mario Bros (6 -7 hours?), Left 4 Dead 2 (5 hours). That's a total of... 120+ hours. That's not including random internet games, board games, some games played at other peoples' houses... Actually, 120 isn't that much.. is it?
TV shows-wise.... Only Community and Glee. Community was around 4 hours and Glee was about almost 9 hours. Watched Avatar, Tropic Thunder (horrible movie btw), and Sweeney Todd (awesome movie btw). So total of 19 hours?
Reading done... hmm. Lol. I just realized that with moving, I don't have a reading spot of sorts in the home any more. It's a wonder I've gotten any reading done in the past year and a half. Mostly reading while in transit (not sure why I haven't thrown up yet..). Almost done reading What the Dog Saw (which is rather fascinating).
Surprisingly... no new manga series were started. Huh. No specific urge I 'spose. Not a good thing because it means the urge will come during the semester...
Studying done... Lol.
Contact. Is confusing. Fleh.
1 solutions:
120 hours is quite a bit. =P
What the Dog Saw -- it's all checked out and on hold and on transit at the library. T__T
school soon dii (= *pat*
Post a Comment