So the Student Union elections ended today with the results being announced at The Den. The cumulation of sudden running for Faculty Rep, campaign poster making and stapling, running around, raging at others for postering over mines, fail public speaking... it comes to a close.
Sadly, despite all this effort, I did not make said position. Unsurprisingly, I was quite sure I'd be at least in the top 3 (out of 5, where 2 become representatives). Surprisingly, I lost by a mere 13 votes. I just needed 14 votes I would've been in. 1%. Man. So close. So close. There really is no one to blame but myself for this failure. Did I go around and talk to random strangers about myself? Did I stand up in front of lectures to announce my running? No. And no.
It's clearly the lack of initiative on my part that I've failed this time. But was this inevitable? Hard to say. The jumping point of this whole excursion was from a lack of initiative. I ran sort of because others thought I should've. Not that it wasn't something I was planning to do in maybe my 3rd / 4th year... but it happened.
Then there are other things that are seemingly within reach. I'm kind of improving with squash, but it's completely on and off and I'm inconsistent with my game. Academically, I can't even focus properly anymore, and my marks certainly reflect this. It's like my grades are inversely proportional to the time I spend in university, and from current extrapolation it's rather exponential in nature.
Did I mention I got accepted for exchange to Korea? Yeah. That happened. Except. It might not happen now? I'm not even sure. We'll see how things go. It's again something that's not within my hands. Also, I'm not good at informing people about things.
Oh. Of course. There's you. It's like you're simultaneously here and not. Within reach and far away. A human-sized quantum particle. Two places at once. What... am I to you? Where do I place in your life? I'd really like to know.
In other news...
Pseudo-randomly went to the gymnastics room the other day on campus to trying doing flips. Literally front flips and back flips. It's amazing fun but incredibly frightening. When you're doing it... it's seriously true that it's 70% mind and 30% physical. A single moment's hesitation is all it takes to mess things up. Ouch.
What am I going to do with two banners and ten posters bearing my face? Sign them and sell them off? Unlikely.
Chem midterm was... rough. I thought I had most of the material down, yet I still managed to make amateur mistakes. I hope it turns out okay.
Apparently SPC card has some sort of discount day on Saturday. It doesn't apply to Sportchek though... and HMV isn't on it. Oops. Well, this other shops to randomly look at. I could use some shopping.
Why haven't I gone crazy yet? That's a very valid question. How do I cope with these kinds of situations? Jho's question goes unanswered because I myself have no clue either.
Insatiable desire to consume ice cream, chocolate, and fruity beverages has surfaced as of late. It's hard to control and it sure ain't good for me. Except for maybe the fruity part. Except it's not good for my wallet.
Also, speaking of close calls or whatever, I nearly reached my text limit this month. 2484 texts? That's insane. I thought I'd never be capable of reaching that amount, but I've proven myself wrong. Close calls.
Because of labs alternating every second Tuesday and labs on Thursdays, I generally can't make it to the project meetings. Then this week, I can magically make both... and I fall asleep during them. That's rather smooth. Eh.
Can't seem to find anyone to want to go to the Our Lady Peace concert. I also don't want to go by myself. Blah.
... my arm hurts.
1 solutions:
banner please =D
Post a Comment