(and then something did. Heh.)
The 2010 Winter Olympics officially finished. With that, I realized how little national spirit I have. Of course, this may have been due to a passing of tradition on from my parents, both of which rarely celebrate much of anything. Anything including most holidays, whatever Father / Mother's day, etc etc. Which is rather confusing because I have this urge to do something, yet there's rarely someone to do it with because those that are willing to do so do this with their families instead.
In some ways, it's a good thing because I'm not limited to celebrating things on specific days. A common phrase from my father that I shall paraphrase here is that he feels we shouldn't limit ourselves to caring for one another moreso on certain days than others just because the calendar dictates us to do so.
At this age, it's easier to understand what he means from saying this. Sort of the whole appreciate every day for what you have and such. However, as a kid, this really just meant no presents during Christmas. When you're a kid, it's all about the presents, no? Such is the way we roll in this family.
Of course, there are still some things that we as a family partake in. Namely just Chinese New Year. But then again, all this comprises of is eating dinner together with the only cousins here and red pockets. Well, they do call our cousins back home and chat... but that's about it. Nothing else really comes to mind.
In other news...
On the earlier topic of the Winter Olympics, these people are truly amazing. Not only are their physical prowess giving them the ability to perform unimaginable feats that I myself will never ever possibly be able to do, but at the same time it's what they're doing that's bringing all of Canada together under that red and white flag. Rarely do we see so many people wearing the national colors within a stadium, a simultaneous roar as the puck penetrates the oppositions defense, as the skier lands a jump after numerous flips, or when the stone slides seamlessly to knock out the opponent's stones. Amazing.
An impending feeling that this semester will be a completely horrible one in terms of marks and such. The continuous stream of fail in the form of returned midterm and assignment give no rise to encouragement. Nor does the increasing boredom to lecture material propel me into wanting to study said material. On another note, the impending Ochem midterm is also rather frightful. I hope that the practice midterm I did yesterday is in no way whatsoever an honest reflection of what my mark will be.
Probably should not have downloaded Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or Picross 3D. I knew completely that they would occupy my time to no end, yet I again take the worst choice possible and continue with the download. Miles Edgeworth plays similarly to the previous Ace Attorney series, and the games' signature quirky characters, humorous dialogue, intriguing plot, and false testimony is way too fun to stop playing. Picross 3D is much like the original Picross except y'know... 3D. The original Picross, released in 2007 was something that I've played time and time again even after I've beaten the game just because it was so darn fun. There's something about logic and number puzzles that gives a sense of giddiness when properly solved.
Also more more music downloaded. The Pillows 2009 album: Ooparts (Out Of Place Artifacts) and Our Lady Peace's Healthy in Paranoid Times and Burn Burn. Ooparts sounds is a healthy fare of The Pillows music and nothing really stuck out to me like Tokyo Bambi and Ladybird Girl from their 2008 album Pied Piper. OLP's HiPT was an album I've had before and it's nostalgic to listen to several of the songs on there like Angels Losing Sleep and Don't Stop. Burn Burn has some pretty nice songs too, but I'll have to listen more to lay down a verdict. While talking about OLP, my brother downloaded their complete discography, so I'll have a blast organising music onto Mr. Orange-Kun. Again. That's happen really often as of late. Still immense temptation to buy tickets for the concert.
Speaking of purchases, finally purchased a new backpack with a much better back support system than my previous one. Space is lacking, so it'll be something I'll have to work around. Also, for those out there with backpacks weighing you down, the waist strap is really important because it offloads most of the backpack's weight on your hips, which can bear a greater amount of weight than your shoulders and back.
I'm still having trouble with self-restraint. You're like an enzyme. The self control that I build, which degrades rather slowly by itself, is reduced in the blink of an eye in your presence. I need to find a way to denature this. Somehow. Some day.
1 solutions:
curling? waist strap? such broad topics in a post.
go canada! ^^;
*pat*
Post a Comment