The other day, as I was heading to class and leaving the ctrain station. A strange sight captured my attention.
These rabbits on campus are a fearless bunch. They go about their business and ignore our very presence. Nibbling on grass. Watching us. Observing us. I know they're planning something.
What captured my attention you ask? They were convening. Twelve of them were convening. All in a circle in the open. They're not afraid. They want us to know that they're up to something. Their seeming confidence ... is it a bluff... or is there something we should all be worried about?
Random Asian Lady
The other day at SS, all the skills (not much btw) I obtained from Taiwan were put to the test.
She approached us from nowhere, and descended upon us with a fervor of someone searching for their kidnapped daughter. Why us? Because we were Asian. Obviously. We responded positively to her first query of if we spoke Chinese, before bombarding us with a constant slew of Mandarin.
The onslaught only ended when we proclaimed this to be a language we were wholly unfamiliar with (and a bu hao yi si, ting bu dong thrown in for good measure). She then proceeded to bombard us again, this time with an new type of ammo called broken English.
Apparently she was trying to find her daughter because she needed the name of something or other, but her daughter wouldn't pick up the phone and she didn't know how to text. Cue the three unsuspecting Asians.
We proceeded to wrestle with a phone that could not text in English, trying to find the function that would allow us to do so, then giving up.
It was at the final moment before returning the phone that epiphany occurred. Perhaps I could type in pingyin (that's pronunciation for you people) and it would work. It worked. Fantastic. Job well done. Pats all around.
Disaster averted and a mother reunited with her daughter. Hopefully anyways, we didn't see her again o__o.
Excuse Me, I'm Still in Here
So I'm use to being on the receiving end of pseudo-empty room awkwardness, but apparently causing it is reason for awkwardness too!
On Good Friday, I went to the university to study (...don't ask..) and many places were closed / had limited hours, unsurprisingly. SS was closed, Law was opening till 12 and would only be open till 4... it was disappointing.
Had a good 40 minutes to waste before heading to Law, so I decided to find a place to sit down and surf the web. Mid way to some sort of chair, something caught my eye: a slit of light gleaming emanating from the cracks of the door. I proceeded with caution so as not to disappoint myself in case there was something happening in that room. There wasn't!? Huzzah.
Entering and exploring the room, the only source of readily available plugs was an alcove in the back of the room that was at a blindspot to all the slits that gave view into the room, which would serve to be the reason for awkwardness later on.
Throughout the duration of my studying there, at least 3 couples walked into the room, was preparing to settle down, only to notice the lone Asian sitting atop his peak with his technology spread out in its glorious form. They pause. They ponder. Whispers fly past one another. They leave. I'm sorry if I ruined any of your plans. Bahaha. Ha. Very awkward though.
Even worse, later on, the security people decided to come by. Not because I was in trouble, but because they decided to lock the doors. They somehow decided that no one could possibly be inside the rooms and proceeded to lock the doors.
Wait! I'm still in here! A moment later, the doors unlock and open and I think: time to leave I 'spose... only to have the lights turned off and the doors locked again. O___O. Wow. My music was playing too from the laptop. Albeit quietly ...but still. You'd think that they'd check...
Anyways, finished up portions of lab, emails, resume, cover letter, and whatnot, and proceeded to gtfo because I realized how creepy the room actually was with all the lights off and no music on.
Haha. Awkward couples.
In other news...
I apparently do better with poker while I'm in a certain state. Although this has yet to be verified with more data, I am loathe to try.
Toes are okay enough to run around and play squash. However, I forgot my running around clothes, so I had to play in tight jeans. It was difficult, to say the least. New squash balls are amazing. You can literally feel the difference in both the sound and feeling of the balls.
Proceeded to fail again once more. Sorry. Hormones and emotions tend to override judgement and rationality at the worse times. I wish it would only affect me, and not drag others into it. The momentary high that is felt is instantly corrupted by guilt. The bitter taste left in the mouth... is all too quickly forgotten when the next opportunity for failure arises. The brief splash of sweetness... it's too overwhelming. An addiction. A craving.
Can't believe April has already arrived. A quarter of the year is gone. Only two weeks of lectures remain. Labs are practically over with the exception of a skills test and two reports. Finals. Finals finals finals... Then more courses and more finals. It's scary how fast things are coming by. I'm somehow still here. Barely.
Favorite color?
The general response would be green or orange. This can vary based on the object that the color is projected on. For example, I would not want to drive an orange van around.
1 solutions:
我會講多一次...
啊弟, 請您小心多一點兒 =( in many ways...
and the verification word is boylench. Boy Lench? XD
Post a Comment