Many times when I talk to people and ask them why they chose the major they're in, the response that I hear is "because it just seemed better than everything else" or "I don't know". What's the point of making yourself go through all of this trouble when it's not something you want to do?
We're no longer enjoying the moment that we're in, but doing it only as a means of proceeding ahead. It's not something that we're looking back on with fond memory. It's just a stepping stone for whatever else that we hope lies ahead.
We don't take Biosci because we enjoy it. We take it as a path towards med school. Or at least that's what it feels like most of the time when conversing with others. But if we don't enjoy what we do, how can we excel. This of course, ignores those geniuses that do well at everything without the effort required.
So why am I in Biosci? Why do I want to become a doctor? An ophthalmologist? Do I really want to help people? Do I enjoy learning about the human body, the minuscule atoms everywhere, the numerous processes and their activators and deactivators and interactions?
Am I...just doing something because I have to.. but not because I want to?
Perhaps if it's a means to an end... is that still right?
In other news...
Did alright on the Biol331 assignment (unlike the first time where I practically failed). Bchem midterm is back, did sort of alright on that. The chem quiz? Pretty much failed it. Was much harder than I thought it would be... but given the amount of time I put into it, I should hardly be surprised at the outcome.
Started reading a manga called Full Contact. It's about a boy that starts karate after he was rejected by his crush because she only likes strong people. It's a short 38 chapter manga that talks about some of the details and techniques involved with how to employ moves and such (although its true validity is questionable). There's also a good amount of comedy and a light bit of romance. It's cute.
Downloaded Ayaka Hirahara's two latest albums. Generally like most of the songs from Path of Independence, haven't heard much from My Classics!. She has a great voice and the songs flow really well for the most part. Reset is still probably one of my favorite songs by her. I'm sure it has something to do with it being the ending theme song for Okami (which is a brilliant game btw).
Managed to injure myself yet again while playing sports. Maybe I should just stop altogether before I manage to kill myself. A pseudo-mid-air collision and a bad landing later: I have a twisted ankle and it's swollen / bruised. Hurting much less now, but moving is... rather irritating.
Watched Sherlock Holmes at ST today. 'Twas a good movie, although much more action oriented than my perceived image of Holmes. Of course, I've never read his adventures, so I wouldn't know in much detail.
Favorite food?
Well. I generally like to eat, so this is a rather tough question. There's too much that I enjoy eating. As long as it tastes good, I'm good. Pasta wise.... I do enjoy lasagna. Meat wise...I think I prefer chicken or salmon... fruits... is tough. Grapes, cherries, oranges, and mangoes are all really good. But most fruit is anyways (except durian).
0 solutions:
Post a Comment