And it was awesome.
I've always been a fan of orchestrated music (of most sorts) as well as a huge fan of music from games (and perhaps music in general). The combination genre of gaming music being orchestrated just kind of seals the deal. It's amazing when they take songs that initiate an intense feeling of nostalgia then add a slight twist to it, adding a sort of new element you didn't know existed before.
This time, they played music from Megaman, Zelda, Mario, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War, Portal, Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross, Castlevania, Warcraft, Sonic, and possibly some stuff that I've forgotten.
More than half of those made me giddy. Only because they're just seriously that awesome. Vocalist was good. Crazy flute soloist for Zelda. Blindfold Mario pianist guy was as insane as usual.
All in all, it was rather (very) enjoyable.
In other news...
One exam down, two more to go. It's been a while since I've had an exam that was cumulative, and this one was a beast. Four profs, 80+ MC, several written, and way too much to remember. But that's all finished and gone now. There's more to focus on. Especially that Bcem stuff. Can't seem to wrap my head around (studying) it.
And... yeah. I'm tired. Whatever.
1 solutions:
VGL = *squee*
Keep on going ^^
Post a Comment