On Wednesday
Many things working against me on this day as well. Woke up with a stomach ache which persisted for most of the day, which was weird considering how it disappeared on tuesday when i had it on sunday and monday. The weather, although i do enjoy rainy weather, was sort of gloomy for this sort of occasion. The dvd that i burned failed, so i had to remake one in the morning. And epic time constraints.
Time constraints. Rather than meeting at 11 as planned, we were now meeting at 1:15 at the UC station because she had a prayer meeting at 12. Also later found out that she had to go home to make a dish for a potluck ish thing rather than just a prayer meeting at 6. Hence, our time shrank from 11-6 to 1:15-4:30. That means a loss of 3 hours and 45 minutes. 225 precious precious minutes. This is cruel.
On the ctrain to University Station, i got a text asking where i was, and a bunch of texts later, it appears that she'd try to catch the train that I'm on (since i was already at Brentwood by the last text). I hopped off the train in case she didn't make it, but i saw a figure vaguely resembling her and hopped back on. Good thing I did.
Kensington. Walked a path that we walked before during that first time, and headed to Muku for some proportedly delicious and traditional Japanese ramen. Of course, I've never had the traditional stuff, so how would i really know? I wouldn't. Well, it tasted good nonetheless, but it wasn't as epic as i was hoping it'd be. Of course, it was the whole scenario and not the food that made this episode awesome.
Obviously, I'd be trying to pay for the meal. Also quite obvious, she'd object to such silliness. A few plans came to mind depending on cash register location, bathroom location, doorway, and such. I guess I should've found a floorplan or something. It would either involve me saying I needed to go to the bathroom (a page from Fongster) or playing my ringtone and pretending i got a call. Regardless, when we approached the restaurant, a patio was noted, but as i entered, I couldn't tell where the cash register was, nor the bathrooms. Patio would've been best choice because I could just say i was going to the bathroom and head in, but 14th street is a busy place, so that wasn't an option. Deciding on eating inside, I located the restroom, the cash register and the presence of a large mirror in front. If the positioning failed, she'd have a clear view of the register, but wait, what if there was a mirror on the other wall too? It didn't occur to me that i'd be able to tell by looking at the mirror in front. As we were directed to our seats, she made to sit down at the seat facing the cash register, and i panicked. But i just moved to that seat and psuedo forced her to move across, i hoped she didn't suspect anything.
Alright, so after consuming the ramen, I needed to go to the bathroom, well, actually needed (stomach ache, remember?). Made a note that she still had a bit to go with her ramen, which would mean she'd be proccupied with something, also the fact that there's no mirror behind me, so unless she turned her head, she shouldn't notice anything. During the whole payment process, never had it seemed so difficult to pull out a $20 from my wallet, nor has it ever been so loud, this sound of velcro on my wallet or the change given back. I'll have to make a note to have the money out in my pocket before hand.
As I exited the bathroom, I saw her standing at the cash register putting her wallet away and given me a disapproving look. I win. Yes! Victory. Apparently when she went up to pay, the lady smiled and said that it was already paid for. Sweetness. Utter sweetness.
Moving on... Showed her where I worked. Headed to Gelato, it was closed. Went to the bubble tea place besides the first downtown ctrain station. It was subpar. Got bubble tea and a crepe. Caught her tryinng to slip something into my bag. Shared said crepe. Heading back to Kensington Safeway. She almost gets run over by a train (it says look both ways for a reason). Almost get run over by a car. Got to Safeway. She bought some stuff, I bought a thank you card for Jeff Choo because he said that I wouldn't need to pay him back for the delivery (dood, you are unbelievably awesome. Honestly). Got my flashdrive back (there wasn't anything on it, i was sort of hoping there would be). Supposedly, it was somewhere during this time that something was slipped into my bag. Epic fail.
Headed to some random place on a hill with a bench. Coming to the realization that perhaps this place represents something for the two of us. Not sure what it'd be. The view was sort of dark and cloudy, not the one that I was hoping for. Gave her the present, can't remember how she reacted, refused to tell her what the message was because it'd be embarassing. embarssing. (Of course, I have the business cardish thing with the actual message placed elsewhere). Hug. Then we had to head back or else she'd be late. Curses to the time crunch, it wasn't supposed to be this way.
(random interjection, 7ype_O just sent me this that's amazing.)
On the way home (or rather her home) was an pseudo adventure of it's own. Ideally, I'd be walking her all the way to her front door, but that was totally threatened by her mother and her sister. One was purportedly on her way home from work and would be on the ctrain, the other would be driving down to the station to pick them up. So basically, there might be a chance that they're on the same train or if we arrive too late she'd be picked up, or if the bus isn't there, they'd both arrive and I'd be screwed. As luck would have it, the bus left pretty soon after we got on, but it wouldn't be long before they'd be on their way home from the station.
Got off the bus, walking in the direction of her house, slightly worried about if they'd drive by since they didn't know that I'd be there as well. Gave her the dvd along with the card (it was wrapped so she wouldn't know at the time). Then left. Just left. Didn't say anything. Didn't do anything. Just... left. Complete failure on my part.
40-50ish minute trek home contemplating what happened throughout this experience and what I didn't do and should've done. Pretty demoralized as I got through my front door.
She did like the bracelet though. And the dvd, pretty much like a mixtape, except better because it carried loads more and had branching paths. Also, the card. Did heartmelting occur? I hope so.
I'm glad I didn't post on wednesday night, I don't know what would've came out.
On Friday
A potluck would occur today. Wracking my mind for ideas, I decided to make this cucumber salad thing of sorts. Thursday night, my brother teaches me how to cut them, and i set about cutting 2 and 2/3 of cucumbers for well over an hour. Planned to make the sauce friday after I got home from work so it'd stay fresher.
Come friday, i'm at work, mostly painting (speaking of paint, i got some green on my white Adidas. It actually doesn't look that bad. Stylish? Maybe not.), i get three consecutive calls from three different people. One was my brother, asking me when I'd need to salad, then proceeding to tell me he ate what i made last night. Dood. Not cool. He said he'd just cut the rest of the cucumbers by the time I get home, and it'd be all chill.
Dood. It's not all chill. I obviously can't cut them as well as you can because I don't have the experience, but what matters was the fact that I cut them myself. It wouldn't be the same if you made it and I brought it over. It wouldn't matter that no one else would ask if i made it or not. It matters because you wasted my efforts.
Anyways, as I left the house, I lied to him saying that the potluck was cancelled so that I wouldn't have to bring whatever he made (sorry that I lied.), and then proceeded to superstore to buy the stuff required to make the dish. They didn't have what I needed. And I was late. Sigh.
In the end, I went empty handed. They didn't really mind that I didn't have anything. But it still felt completely awful.
Notable events of the evening: playing Ultimate Frisbee with the catch that the losing team had to eat durian. Glad that i was on the winning team. Some epic dives, smashes, and crashes, but all was well. Sam's benz got hit though, smooth Short. Real smooth. Forced to sing Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and butched it completely. It was recorded too. I won't live it down if it's posted somewhere.
On Saturday
That's today! And I should be sleeping because I'll need to be mentally prepared for this.
Basically this is what's happening:
- She'll be tagging along with her sister on her way to work, which is as early as when the mall opens
- She'll be shopping for casual skirts and shirts
- She'll be leaving at 12, giving me roughly 2.5 hours
- She won't respond to my texts
- I probably won't know what she'll be wearing
- If she sees me, there's a chance that she might not call out
- She'll most likely start off from where her sister works
- The shops that she'll most likely hit are Old Navy and American Eagle
- If she's leaving at 12, she'll most likely be leaving by a specific exit
- Camp the locations close to Old Navy or American Eagle, and wait for her there. In fact, general camping would work and this will have a high liklihood of succeeding
- Move around from clothing store to clothing store. This strategy can be split into substrategies as I might either go by and look into the store from the outside, or go into the store for a thorough search. The likelihood of this method succeeding is very low because i run several risks: wrong store at the wrong time, she's in the changing room, the mall is very large and contains several paths which means i could easily miss her.
Which plan should I take? The practically sure win plan or the high risk one? A multitude of pros and cons exist with both, but one is definitely less exciting and feels almost like cheating.
If this were a drama, I am expecting a scene where time is running out and i'm dashing around, at which point I pass her, but of course, and obstacle would be in the way. Slow motion would definitely occur where we, in our complete definition, be placed in stark contrast to the blur of all that is around us.
If I succeed, it would not solve any of the existing issues keeping us apart. If I fail, then the scenario that I've been avoiding will strike me down with the added force of Fate. If I try, there's a chance that something can be done. If I don't, then I immediately fail. To be honest, this is quite frightening.
And with this, I'm off to bed. What does Fate have in store for me? Does Fate really exist?
No 'in other news...' for this because it's long enough as it is. Also, I really need to sleep because I'll need complete alertness and focus for tomorrow. Took an hour and a half to post this. Waking in 3.5 hours. It'll all begin in 6 hours. It'll all end in 8.5 hours.
1 solutions:
^^;
oy.
Post a Comment