Assigned Problems

11/7/09

Brickwalls

11/7/09
... are there for a reason. They're not here to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. - Randy Pausch. ... Will I regret doing this? Or perhaps ... not doing this.

In other news...


Obviously there just seems to be an optimum set of conditions for when I post. These invariably include staying up to obscene hours, burning eyes, and... shirtless. Because shirtless is the way to go. This seems contrary to common sense seeing as how I'm lacking sleep as it is and how I'm supposed to wake (as of these words) 4.5 hours from now. Or less. But it's for a good cause!


Dress and Dine was sorta informative? I am now well-versed in fine dining etiquette, a pseudo-knowledge on wine tasting, and business wear. Not in the least. At least the food was good and the company was great. Probably the highlight of it was how we were all just so well-dressed and we rode off in a freakin' cheesewagon. That's just ridiculous. You'd think they would've at least got us a Greyhound or some other dog.


Speaking of Dress and Dine... it took up the entire evening. Which would've been fine since I was planning on studying for the Ecol midterm after returning. Except for the part where I collapsed onto my parents' bed for a good half an hour, forcefully waken, crashing into my own bed for the next seven and a half hours. Woke up entirely dazed and feeling uber-screwed for the midterm. Which I was btw. That thing was awful. Just like Ochem was awful.


Was thinking about Eason's H3M and was wondering why so many of the songs on this album were much more melodic than his previous albums. As well, the overall... feeling of the songs ... or rather the mood they gave were quite similar. This contrasted with previous albums where there'd be a healthy mix of love, happy, quirky, and upbeat songs. Then epiphany hit. The album prior to H3M, Listen to Eason Chan, consisted of mostly quirky / techno ish songs. So maybe he was making up for the lack of melodic ones? Maybe.


Apparently one of the letters I received today (actually the only letter) was... a scholarship. o_o. I don't remember applying for it. But it might've just been one of those 'do one application, do 'em all!' things from UC (which it was). Checked online to see what the eligibility and how they awarded the scholarship... but it was completely vague. Bah. At least my first year marks finally pay off. Can't say the same about this year's though =_=".


While on the topic of scholarships... met the mother of An-Wen Chan. Wait, why is he deserving of special mention (because this is obviously a special mention...)? Because he is: a person that got into med in his second year with full scholarship at UC, a Rhode Scholar, full scholarship and PhD from Oxford, apparently one of the few dermatologists in Canada (I didn't really understand this, but that's what she said (his mom)), oh, and he's Asian. Yay Asians. Amazing people doign amazing things. Then there's us commoners.


Anyways. 4 approaches. More serious thought before sleep? Probably.

1 solutions:

an said...

uwah, you got a scholarship?! good job ^^ hurrahh. =P
the bus wasn't so bad... minus the bumps, jolts and not-very-comfy seats XD

and haha, the verification word is hyped. are you?!