I think I've talked about "Time" before in one of my previous posts, so I won't venture there again (at least not for a while)...
Anyways.
I believe that time management is extremely important. Of course, this doesn't meant I'm very good at it (an example would be this weekend). Hence, clocks are important.
Clocks. Clocks are amazing. Without clocks, it'd would make the already difficult task of managing one's time exponentially tougher. How would one keep track of what is happening? How do we time things? Our physics experiments would be utterly defenestrated!
But this would really just be a testament to those that managed their time relying only on the sun. I get insanely out of synch when I don't know what time it is. If I forget my watch and my cellphone dies on me, I am completely out of it. So how these people managed their time using only the sun is well beyond me.
This does remind me of one of the concepts from Anth203 regarding how cultures regard their perceptions of time: monochronism and polychronism. This table does a pretty good job of illustrating their differences. Cultures, specifically their differences, are really fascinating.
But back to clocks. The orderly ticking sounds, each a specified duration from the latter and former is so... serene. The spinning of the gears, the swinging of the pendulum, how do these people manage to create such masterpieces capable of capturing the flowing essence of time?
Although not as orderly, I feel as if... my heart and mind are like a pendulum too. How.. frustrating.
In other news...
How much work did I get done this weekend? I guess that would depend on your definition of work. But seeing as how most of the things I came in contact with returned to their original positions, we'd be good with an approximate zero joules. However, I did manage to read 80 chapters of Yu Yu Hakusho and log several hours on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rock Band: The Beatles. Surprisingly, I didn't try out the L4D2 demo... weird.
Haven't bought a Bionicle in ages. Then I caved. But it's so awesome. Ages 6-16? Lies.
That association owes me big. I've lion danced for these people when I had a midterm the next day or when I had a fever. Now I can add a "without a pint of my blood" onto that list. They also made me miss the last Ultimate game. But then again, I'm also in no position to play.
Have I ever mentioned my brother's culinary skill and creativity? I wish I had half that creativity (or at least initiative since I obviously have none). But that was totally some delicioius giant shrimp stuffed with butter garlic onions. The bacon butter clams were equally scrumptious. So unhealthy. But so good. As with anything buttery. Sadly.
As predicted, my male parental unit is not satisfied with my haircut. Although 'cut' would be an incredible exaggeration.
Had an urge to go shopping for clothes the other day. Don't know why, I already have so much. Oh right, because I like to hide behind what I wear. On another note, for some odd reason I imagined you wearing a beret and thought that you would look so so cute. Not that it matters.
So much for sleeping at 10. I did get a good 9.5 hours today though, which contrasted with the 3 I got on the previous day... I wonder how things'll play out tomorrow.
11/8/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 solutions:
"But seeing as how most of the things I came in contact with returned to their original positions, we'd be good with an approximate zero joules"
lol oh dear. XD
and uwah, you have The Beatles version of rockband?! that is uber awesome.
your sudden splurge of posts often catches your readers off guard, I think. > <"
Post a Comment