Assigned Problems

4/13/10

Still Chinese

4/13/10
Here's a random Name.

Still Chinese
[tentative]

The protagonist is your average kind of girl. Well, how average can a protagonist really get? I guess average in the sense of other stories. Or whatever.

Anyways,

One day when she's leaving the house, a boy falls out of nowhere and crashes on top of her (fated meeting!). Random mishaps later. Boy ends up living at her house because he has no where else to live (for some reason, this always seems to happen and the parents of the house never seem to mind... why is that?). Boy knows magic, can fight, has amnesia (so we can work on the back story in a later arc).

Cue in a series of arcs. The style of this is going to be mainstream fighting with a dose of humor. Minimal fan service will be used (I laugh at the disapproval and cringe at the punches if there was epic fan service since we're talking about a specific person the protagonist is based on). Arcs start with being only a chapter or two long to 10-20 chapters long each. Earlier arcs are shorter to hook in more readers with quicker doses of rising action / climax while later arcs can be longer to flesh out the story and character development as there is hopefully a steady fan base.

Odd phenomenon start occurring around said girl throughout arcs. Basis of it seems to be magic, but the cause is unknown. The later arcs involve an organization that seem to be after the boy and the focus shifts towards fighting (whereas earlier chapters were focused on helping the boy recover his memories. This is done because the author has run out of ideas and has built a strong enough fanbase that they no longer require a good story. Lol).

Turns out organization is trying to seek the person that is believed to hold the key to unlocking some sort of doohickey that can take over the world. Oh noes.

Girl gets kidnapped. Readers are led to believe that it is to lead magical boy into a trap because he's they key. Plot twist. Girl is actually the key. Evil organization corrupts the key in her, which is an ancient magic of some sort or other. Goes berserk. Destroys lots of things.

Epic battle ensues. Boy manages to subdue girl and purges the corruption with the strongest power out there: Looooooove~ (because that's what the Earth is powered by, not the sun).

Yay.


In other news...


Foot is still sorta... not alright. Playing that last game of Ultimate probably wasn't the best idea ever, but it was the last game. Can't ditch out on that... The other team was, I think, the toughest team we've faced. Their speed, coordination, throws, and catches were amazing. Someday we'll be like that. At least I'd hope so.


More random poster boy recognition occurred today. Was stopped by my chemistry professor on the way out of a quiz. Circumstances are as follows: Was leaving while the professor was taking names of individuals there. As I was about to walk past, he was all "hey, you're ____ right?" At first I thought he was still taking the pseudo-attendance thing, but was still rather confused how he knew... then he asked me to step outside for a moment. Which was scary because I thought maybe I did something wrong... not that there was anything on my conscience mind you.

Stepping outside, he mentioned seeing the posters, and I thought he was just going to talk about the equilibrium thing... and then slam it down with an almighty fury as if I blasphemed Le Chatelier. Except not. Apparently he wanted to discuss my ideas for improving professor / student communications because that was one of my blurbs on the campaign posters. ... What ideas xD? Guess I'll have to brainstorm some now. Just wondering if he approached that lady that actually got the position.


Downloaded the new Eason album, Time Flies, and the FFX-2 piano collection. Mini-album for Eason since it's only a paltry 6 songs. Songs are good and include a healthy mix of different styles that I've started to attribute to the guy. One of the songs is the McDonald's theme song used in HK xD. FFX-2 piano collection is also refreshing because piano music does just that.

Also speaking of music, recently was introduced to an epic guitarist, lonlonjp on youtube, that focuses mainly on music from games such as Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy. The Chrono Trigger piece I chose here, Corridors of Time, is one of my favorites from that game from when Chrono and his party arrive at the floating city of Zeal. The FF piece I chose is Eyes on Me, a song about how the singer was in love with one of the patrons at the bar where she sang, and how they could only look at each other, but could not be together due to their circumstances. It's also a very sweet piece. Many variations of the song have come about.

Pseudo-side note: The Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert is coming to Toronto in November... too bad it's in the final weeks of Fall semester, is far away, and probably and most likely expensive. Sadness.


Calgary's penchant for weird weather shifts doesn't disappoint this year too with last Thursday's freak storm. I walked to my chem lab from the outside and it was sunny and refreshing outside. A few hours later, the city is shrouded in fog, bombarded by wind, and under a heavy torrent of snow. It's scary driving when you can't see more than 10m in front of you, the car is being blown about, and half your windows are always covered in snow. But at least I'm still alive. Whee.


Favourite movie?
I'm tempted to go with Hayao Miyazaki's Laputa. No clue how many times I've watched that movie now, but each time I'm still captivated by the story, artwork, and characters. A close second would be Miyazaki's Spirited Away.

1 solutions:

an said...

lolll!
dii, came up with a name too, yesterday! o_o