Assigned Problems

10/26/09

Point of Clarity

10/26/09
It seems that no matter how tired you are, there's just a point where you no longer feel tired. Instead you feel a burst of energy, sudden focus. Clarity. That could possibly be a reason to why I'm always sleeping so late. Due to numerous distractions and whatnot during the day, I instead rely on this late night point to get work done.

or

Conversely, it is because I sleep late at night that I can't manage to focus during the day until later at night. This would mean that I've skewed my internal clock pretty badly.

Of course, this temporary high doesn't last forever and thus I'm at the point where I want to crash. Which I really should, there's only 2.5 hours before I'm supposed to be awake again. Well, at least I completed my Chem351 lab alongside Biol311 lab. Fail on not completing Biol313 lab or doing the prelabs for Chem351, Biol311, Biol313, and Zool375. Perhaps later tonight.


In other news...


Probably the reason why I didn't get much work done today was due to 黃子華. He's doing stand-comedy around 4 cities in Canada as a fundraiser for World Vision Canada. Originally, I wasn't able to purchase tickets because it was already too late, but by a twist of luck, a friend happened to have an extra ticket since someone bailed out. Anyways, 黃子華 is an incredibly funny person and covered a diverse range of topics at the show including the economy, buying stocks, marriage, even blogs. His insight on blogs is something that I've thought about as well, which I'll probably touch on a few months from now.


Mud + snow + ultimate + bad leg. The equation is technically dangerous enough with the last two constants. The first two just make it all the more interesting. I'm really confused as to where the timekeeper / scorekeeper guy went half way through the game. We don't even know who won in the end, although I'm quite sure they scored a point or two more. The most epic thing we did was playing with the whole roster from both sides. That's 20v12. This situation included piggybacks, wheelbarrows, and dive / sliding into the sea of mud in the middle of the field.


I'm hungry.


Once again tempted to get a watch from TF. Intense debate going on within my head. Halloween deals. Free shipping. Do I need another watch? The watch looks so alluring though. Gah. What to do what to do...


Also contemplating... if I'm waking in 2 hours and 15 minutes... why bother sleeping? Might as well just not sleep and do more work. I might collapse in chem again though. Apparently that happened on Friday when all the mysteries to H-NMR spectroscopy charts was solved. Oops. At least someone was kind enough to help me take notes. Although I was pseudo hallucinating at that point (as I always do when I'm on the borderline of consciousness) and I thought I was in an empty room with only one desk and someone was stealing my chocolate bar. I woke, fell asleep, and this time, in a different empty room, someone stole my textbook. Oh noes.


Verdict. Not getting watch.


2 hours of sleep really isn't that much. Maybe I just shouldn't. It'd be awful when I have to wake. Hm. We'll see how things go. Doesn't really matter. Right? Right.

1 solutions:

rene said...

you'd be surprised what wonders 1 or 2 hours could do for you. better yet, 15 min.