Assigned Problems

10/21/09

Sleep

10/21/09
In the world of university students, sleep is a rare commodity. Indeed, many wished that they could have more of this 'sleep' substance. Oh what wonders and joys it brings to their otherwise miserable lives. It brings them an alleviating feeling, unprecedented awareness, self-satisfaction even.

Whatever the case, it's something that I crave. Such a strong desire and need, that I need quick fixes more and more often since it isn't possible at one specific interval each day. In fact, I had several today! On the bus in the morning, during chem, during ecol, during genetics, sitting on the couch, during my exam... It gets a bit ... excessive. No?

The only thing I regret was falling asleep on the couch after I woke up in the morning since my toast got burnt. Sad toast, it's okay, you'll soon be jammed up and delicious.

Also, on the topic of lack of sleep. The Law of Diminishing Returns. Not sure if it's an actual law, I don't have any hard evidence (to be honest, I have no evidence). Basically, the law states that as you work on something late into the night, you get less work done for the same amount of time you spend on it than you would otherwise. It's a 1/x graph if you're one of those math types.

Speaking of which, this Law clearly would go against any foolishness such as to work on something then not getting any sleep and staying up all night then claiming that you aren't tired. Lies upon lies.

On that note. Sleep is important. Surprisingly. Please get some.



In other news...


Started swimming again because as we all know, I should stay off my leg. Progression-wise, there's no improvement; unimprovement even.


Zool midterm is finally complete. It's been one of the things that's been occupying my mind lately. So many terms. So many numbers. Such... intensity. What doesn't help is that many of the terms are rather similar. ScyphistomaScyphozoaSchistosomaCysticercosisCercariaOpishaptorProhaptorHexactinellidaManubriumProtonephridiaApomorphySynapomorphyParaphyleticMonophyleticPoriferaGonadsGonozooidsGonoganiumsGonophoresHydranthHydraHydrozoansHydrostaticskeletonHypostome. To name a few. I better remember these years down the road. While on the topic of my midterms... is it... awful of me to nap during my exams? Maybe.


Had delicious delicious ice cream cake today. Satisfied a craving I've been having for the past week. How tempting and alluring its flavor was in my mind.... taunting me to enjoy the creaminess that would sooth my throat. Especially since I shouldn't be consuming food three hours before I sleep... and factoring this with me not getting home till 11-12 each night... it's not the best to eat the cake when I get home.


Really wanted to talk about variables. Maybe some other time. I'm supposed to sleep. Supposedly. 12:24am.

0 solutions: