Assigned Problems

7/2/10

When Reasoning is Unreasonable

7/2/10
When reasoning is unreasonable, it means either that you're crazy or that the two of you (or rather the two parties) are of different stances and refuse to compromise.

However, in this case, one side is clearly being unreasonable and rather... stubborn.

Claims cannot be made regarding the whole 'Midbrain Activation' deal or it's supposed benefits. How are we to know if it actually works or not? Perhaps it does. Seldom are there things that are truly impossible, or they may just be impossible now but not later.

However, the claim that we can tussle with is how safe the whole transaction really is. Let's take a gander at the evidence: (1) You can hardly communicate well in Mandarin, (2) You don't know anyone there, (3) The logistics of shrinking a 6 month course to 2 weeks, (4) There's more at stake than just yourself. These points are all rather self-explanatory, but I'll break it down for the sake of extending the rant.

(1) You can hardly communicate well in Mandarin. Basic conversation sure, but what happens when you're within a difficult situation? I'm sure there'll be someone there that can translate broken English or Cantonese, but what about on the streets? Can anyone easily and quickly help you in case something goes wrong?

(2) You don't know anyone there. Who is there to back you up? Is there anyone that can help you when something goes completely wrong? Someone to check up with you each day? Someone trustworthy you can depend on in a place you're unfamiliar with? Going there... you'd be truly alone.

(3) The logistics of shrinking a 6 month course to 2 weeks. Alright, let's just assume that the course is legit and it works. But shrinking 24 weeks of learning into 2 weeks? Does that not sound suspicious to you? The cost is still the same as well... in that case... why in the world would they offer the course for 6 months when they could offer it for 2 weeks and earn the same amount? They could make much more money and save themselves a lot of labor as well.

(4) There's more at stake than just yourself. Alright, it's understandable that you're doing this for your daughter... but what if something goes wrong? She's got the rest of her life ahead of it... and this could just completely destroy a childhood.

Yet in the face of all this... "it's fine" or "I've thought about it". Well, if you really had... you definitely wouldn't be going.

I digress.


There's this feeling that I've done something wrong... again. Perhaps that's hardly surprising, but it hardly feels good. It's the unreasonable side that overwhelms the reasonable, and from there, problems occur. I can't claim to know what's right, but I sure know when it's wrong.

I don't even know how to rectify the situation. Sorry.

0 solutions: