Rise and shine on a day that neither needs rising or shining.
Well, finally written the test that I was supposed to write more than a week ago. It's a good feeling to be finally done so I can get so pseudo-unhindered rest. But before that, let's take a recap of what happened.
For one thing, the exam itself felt different for three reasons: time, time, and location. I've been practicing writing early in the morning, not in the afternoon, so that felt kind of odd. Also, I don't operate well in the afternoon, so that worked against me. Location because it was actually pretty silent there especially with the earplugs on. I could hear my heartbeat really well with the earplugs on actually. It was rather trippy.
They're pretty strict with the whole test too. There was fingerprinting, checking your ID every time you come in, signing in and out of the room, video cameras monitoring us, screen block things so we cannot take a gander at our neighbors... it's all fun and games.
With each of the sections... Phys had way more calculations than usual and they were also more difficult than the ones I've done. Chem should be fine at least. Verbal was a bit tougher than usual, or perhaps I was just losing focus at that point (which is never good, especially for verbal). The two prompts I got for written were within my capabilities, so I should be able to hit 5s there. A few tough ochem questions in the last bit and bio was relatively straightforward.
Bumped into a few people from the prep course as well as another guy I knew from classes. Now we're all done (all from that class), except for Che Lun Bao. I wonder how he's doing...
Anyways. It's not something I'll have to think about till the grades come out.
In other news...
Yesterday morning while I was reviewing a few things, I heard the doorbell ring. There was a kid at the front door along with his dog on a leash. Thinking he was trying to sell something, I opened and said hi. In return, the child said "Hi, would you like to pet my dog?". Yes. Yes I would. A brief conversation later, and he was off again, possibly to ring another doorbell and inquire another petting favor for his furry friend.
Wonder if people have heard about the bus hijack at Manila (in the Philippines?). Basically a high-ranking police officer guy was ousted from his position, losing his income / retirement whatever. Wanting to get this back, he decided to hijack a bus full of people and demand to be reinstated for his position. Right. Because they'd totally let you do that.
The biggest issue, however, laid not with the officer but rather with how the situation was handled. The police flanked the bus, made a huge ruckus, even tried to break the windows using a sledgehammer. Wait. Sledgehammer? Yes. The thing is, this guy is not happy about the situation, there are plenty of hostages at stake, and he's got a gun.
This was definitely not handled well and it need not have resulted in 9(?) deaths. At least the man was nice enough to let the elderly and children leave the bus.
Anyways. It's Wednesday. The day after Tuesday and the day before Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 solutions:
YOU'RE DONE.
yayayayayayayayayay!
^^
Post a Comment