Assigned Problems

8/2/10

Inception

8/2/10
Inception was an amazing film. Amazing enough that I watched it twice within 2 days. Which is also amazing in and of itself because I never do that (or I'm too cheap). Or perhaps there was another motivation as well.

Christopher Nolan (the director and the writer) constructed a realistic world for the viewers to explore. The concept of the film, the ability for people to share dreams to extract information from another individual or to even possibly input an idea into them, was unique. The whole 'dream within a dream' idea, constructing dreams, how we can know if we're still in a dream or not... Nolan does a good job covering the details to make his film complete. It's... hard to explain it all (without spoiling everything... or to cover everything well).

Another aspect that I really enjoyed was the music. Something about the heavy horns and strings that really built up the tension well.

Also, it was the first time I watched a film at Cross Iron Mills. Wasn't sure if the theater we were in was representative of all the other ones, but the one we were in had these intense leather seats that were pseudo recline-able and leather armrests too. They were also able to project the music really well without killing our eardrums, maybe that's why I really felt the horns and strings so so well. Perhaps it was part of the AVX thing (Audio Visual eXperience). Much better than paying extra for 3D.


In other news...


I remember last year being a year lacking in mosquito bites. However, I did not remember that mosquito bites compounded if they skipped a year. Over the course of a single day, I obtained more than 10 bites on each leg, around 10 on my upper back, and around 5 on each arm / hand somewhere. One is easy to resist, many... well... you find yourself not scratching one place just to be scratching another.


Realized that I enjoy throwing together an outfit after picking out an item from shops. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Probably not good for my wallet... but I haven't succumbed yet. It was tempting though, $5o for the shirt, sweater, and tie. Another time.


Studying. There is still that. More studying to go. It's only another... 9 days or so now. Daunting.


Oh right, I beat Metroid Prime and I'm about half way through Metroid Prime 2: Echoes now. About that studying.... hmm. I'll talk about this later. Maybe.


And perhaps... it was a good thing he came. Otherwise... well... otherwise.
Oh, and I guess I never found out what wasn't very important.

1 solutions:

an said...

No kidding about the music o_o at some points, the word 'terrifying' is appropriate for the movie.