Assigned Problems

8/20/10

210

8/20/10
Although I realized that I have found a way to avoid a proper title for posts (y'know, the number thing if you haven't figured out yet...), it also leaves me exposed to people realizing that I (might've) removed a post or two here and there. Not that I'm implying I've removed any posts.
Or have I? Hahaha. Hah.

In other news...


The drag of studying is... taking its toll. Or something. Part of me just wants to stop studying... the other part of me is slapping me across the face for not studying more. I've probably been taking a lot more breaks than is necessary... but it's really getting hard to focus on studying.

There is a noticeable trend from which questions I typically get wrong and they're mostly directly related to the passage or it's an obscure piece of knowledge that I'm supposed to remember (for physical and biological sciences anyways). There's not much I can do about those other than to 'focus more' on the exam or to pore over every single page to somehow magically soak in all the details. Which is ridiculous.

I've also realized that of all the portions, the portion that I enjoy the most (and also loathe) is Verbal Reasoning. Despite it being my lowest scoring section (ignoring Writing Sample), it's really interesting because of all the new information it presents. With physical / biological sciences, it's always facts or some random experiment. With Verbal, there's just an access to all forms of thoughts and ideas that I'd regularly not interact with.

It's only a few more days though. So study on! And on and on and on...
Strangers... waaaaiting(lol)

Recently watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World and also played Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game. Which makes me really want to read the graphic novels of the same name. The whole Scott Pilgrim series is rife with references to games and other nerdly things that we gamers adore. The movie included things such as enemies bursting into coins, characters explainably knowing how to fight, random music from the Zelda series of games... it's entertaining for the gamer where the average person will go 'wtf?' (except normal people don't know what 'wtf' is anyways =D).

The game on the other hand is a homage to the sidescrolling beat'em ups complete with pixel graphics and chiptune music. This type of game is rather nostalgic as I use to play a lot of beat'em ups back in the day (saying that makes me feel old) such as Golden Axe, the Final Fight series, and the SD Gundam series to name a few.


While on the topic of games, ran into a few interesting articles earlier today (while not studying...) here, here, and here.


On another note, my laptop died. Again. Joyous occasions. One more time and I get a new laptop! Let's hope I get lucky.


Let's go review some more bio.

1 solutions:

Linda said...

good luck!

verbal has always been my favorite section too - you learn so much! and the rhetoric is really amusing sometimes.